• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

I say maintain a balance of lighthearted, nostalgic, & darker shows. Bring anime old & new. And maybe start at an earlier time.
Also, Jojo

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Right, if I am truly allowed to manipulate the manual does that mean I can get rid of the endless shonen Toonami?

Part of this is prompted by the shrinking action cartoon landscape - even in Japan.

DeMarco admitted that Intruder2 is going to bring big changes to Toonami - but said there's still time to shape just what they will be and wanted fan input. Also, they're finally able to receive mail for the first time in a long time, apparently.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So while my laptop was updating I saw that orihme has become more OP and yet I cant help but feel it will still be wasted. Anyways Did Kubo just retcon Orihime's orgin story, I dont remember them ever saying her parent were abusive or if they were even alive

*checks the Wiki*
Her parents were mentioned waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the beginning. Like Chapter 6.

Korigama

Eh, Black Lagoon and Deadman Wonderland were about as dark as I'd like to see Toonami get. If nostalgia would mean bringing Yu Yu Hakusho back and not screwing it up this time, then I would be in favor of that.
So while my laptop was updating I saw that orihme has become more OP and yet I cant help but feel it will still be wasted. Anyways Did Kubo just retcon Orihime's orgin story, I dont remember them ever saying her parent were abusive or if they were even alive
IIRC, it wasn't brought up after the beginning of the series before now.

NO TOM, NEVER SHORTER!!!

No, their parents were abusive and her brother did take her for her safety.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Honestly I want Toonami be about the new and the modern whatever that may entail and leave the olds back in the past.

g2OUnAI.gif

Crocodile

This was a pretty abrupt flip of the villain switch

Part of this is prompted by the shrinking action cartoon landscape - even in Japan.

DeMarco admitted that Intruder2 is going to bring big changes to Toonami - but said there's still time to shape just what they will be and wanted fan input. Also, they're finally able to receive mail for the first time in a long time, apparently.

There's no shortage of action cartoons coming out of Japan or that have already been made. Obviously not all of them are awesome but neither are the ones that have already aired on Toonami.

Shrinking action shows in Japan? Do you even pay attention to what's airing each season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom