• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
Toei animation found a way to make Oda's art look bad.

Its a shame One Piece couldnt have been animated by someone better :/

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
It's sad because event he animation and models seem to change week to week with Toei. A real shame.

that's because when you have a show like one piece, there's probably 3-5 teams working on episodes. It's not the same crew on each episode, but team A does ep 1, team B does ep 2, team C does ep 3, team A does ep 4, etc...

Jarate

Banned
The previews look awful for Rick and Morty though

Ill watch it when I have the time, loved House of Cosby, so ill watch it. Although why did they make the commercials for the show so badly

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Toei is a common victim of off-model.
Though I'm not sure if they're better or worse than Pierrot.

Usually in One Piece going off-model tends to come with more dynamic animation. There are a few animation directors in particular on the show that prioritize animation over art routinely.

Naoki Tate, especially, who also happens to be the animation director on this episode.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Usually in One Piece going off-model tends to come with more dynamic animation. There are a few animation directors in particular on the show that prioritize animation over art routinely.

Naoki Tate, especially, who also happens to be the animation director on this episode.

Ah, good ol' Naoki Tate. Beautiful animation, but good lord the static images....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom