• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Also Scar went out like a bitch in FMA 03, way better arc in the manga/brotherhood

I disagree. I felt him being a "good guy" in Brotherhood was unearned. Scar in FMA 03 grew more naturally as a character and went out in a last act of redemption.

I disagree. I felt him being a "good guy" was completely unearned. Scar in FMA 03 went out in a last act of redemption.

Scar was only a villain of circumstance, in both versions for the first half of the story, once the truth of everything comes out Scar naturally begins to join the side opposing Father and his goals. Scar discovering the truth in 03 and going "ehh fuck it Imma just do what they want me to do" is just dumb and illogical

Levyne

Banned
ehhh, theres nothing really wrong with that storywise, at worse it would be "cliche"

I'm with Seda, it would be pretty lame and manufactured. It would be too nice and neat to simply knock them off one by one because the story demands it because there's x episodes left.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Scar was only a villain of circumstance, in both versions for the first half of the story, once the truth of everything comes out Scar naturally begins to join the side opposing Father and his goals. Scar discovering the truth in 03 and going "ehh fuck it Imma just do what they want me to do" is just dumb and illogical

Scar is a murderer in both versions, but only in 03 does he pay his dues. I felt that was important thematically. In Brotherhood he becomes a hero and never goes to jail or gets punished for murdering alchemists and Nina.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I'm with Seda, it would be pretty lame and manufactured. It would be too nice and neat to simply knock them off one by one because the story demands it because there's x episodes left.

It all depends on how its done, in most cases it would be happening at the same time

Scar is a murderer in both versions, but only in 03 does he pay his dues. I felt that was important thematically. In Brotherhood he becomes a hero and never goes to jail or gets punished for murdering alchemists and Nina.

He saved Nina from a life of being a horrible monster and killed her father who did the horrible thing to her, the rest of the alchemist he killed in canon were equally as corrupt and evil as we find out by the end. Had he not done what he had those same alchemist would have ended up joining Father and Fuher against the good guys.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
the rest of the alchemist he killed in canon were equally as corrupt and evil as we find out by the end. Had he not done what he had those same alchemist would have ended up joining Father and Fuher against the good guys.

When do we find this out?

He also tried to kill Ed. He was trying to kill all state alchemists, so even if by some coincidence he did "only" kill the "bad" ones, that wasn't his intent. And aside from that, I don't feel like murder would be justified in that situation anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom