• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
"You asshole!"
Yeaaah, the early Funi dubs were loaded with cursing. As a way to attract fans that were disgusted with the 4Kids dub

Man God

Non-Canon Member
"You asshole!"
Yeaaah, the early Funi dubs were loaded with cursing. As a way to attract fans that were disgusted with the 4Kids dub
This isn't actually that early in the dub. Java is the first thing they did.

The cooks are foul mouthed.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
This isn't actually that early in the dub. Java is the first thing they did.

The cooks are foul mouthed.

You mean Jaya (and by extension Skypiea)
Well, they were forced to follow Cartoon Network standards for that. When they got to the DVD releases, they re-recorded parts that didn't fit.

Mik317

Hey, stairs are no joke.

I have to be careful with my own since they're so small with little spacing.

(If you tried to go up/down those things drunk, you'd prolly break something.)

I know but it is silly to be a cause of death in a series were normal motherfuckers can take getting slashed the fuck up with swords, smashed over the head with big ass maces and blown up..and be basically cool.

But stairs? shit is real.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
"You asshole!"

To be fair to the dub, Sanji curses up a storm early in One Piece to begin with. Oda kinda phases it out over time, and I don't think he's really used that speech pattern at all in quite a while.

Though he also hasn't been in the manga at all for over a year, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom