• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
All this talk about Sasuke reminded me that I finished Ninja Sentai Kakuranger today.
The Red in that show is named Sasuke, and he's actually pretty awesome. Unlike this Sasuke who is the worst.

MikeMyers

bonds bonds bonds bonds bonds bonds

216903-121004-bond.gif

I just can't buy into they whole Naruto and Sasuke friendship, they were not together long enough for Naruto to go such lengths to get him back. If they were friends back when they were young kids. Like if they had spent their childhood as best friends after Sasuke lost his family, this would make more sense. Sasuke essentially
become a terrorist and actively tries to kill an entire village,
but Naruto keeps going on about how much Sasuke means to him.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I just can't buy into they whole Naruto and Sasuke friendship, they were not together long enough for Naruto to go such lengths to get him back. If they were friends back when they were young kids. Like if they had spent their childhood as best friends after Sasuke lost his family, this would make more sense. Sasuke essentially

Kishi couldn't write a meaningful relationship of any kind.
Whether it's friendship or romantic, he fumbles hard.

Seda

right, and that's what the show is centered around and it's quite problematic.

Squishy3

Shippuden is okay. It's just they always put flashbacks in the episodes of stuff that happened 3 mins ago. Shippuden needs a KAI version.
The Kai version of Shippuden is the games. (And they kind of fuck that up in 2 and 3 by having really long cutscenes, but it's still better than the anime and they have higher production values)

There's one fight later in the series that when edited together total from beginning to end that's 2 hours and 50 minutes. ONE FIGHT

For comparison, in the game, the same fight takes about 40 minutes give or take.

I just can't buy into they whole Naruto and Sasuke friendship, they were not together long enough for Naruto to go such lengths to get him back. If they were friends back when they were young kids. Like if they had spent their childhood as best friends after Sasuke lost his family, this would make more sense. Sasuke essentially but Naruto keeps going on how much Sasuke means to him.

But they were NAKAMA who worked on the same team, what else do you need?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Things get worse before they get better.

Meanwhile Naruto ends up making lasting friendships around the entire continent with much better people.

This is all Yamato's fault. Kakashi would have had a sarcastic remark for all this friendship speech stuff and they would have continued the mission.

Naruto had no friends his age until joining team kakashi; he was an outcast treated as a monster. Sasuke was the first person he could relate to and vice versa. They did ninja shit together and saved each others lives..remember that whole land of the waves thing? So yeah, it makes sense to me.

Sai wants to see Naruto and Sasuke fuck.
Good god, no wonder the Naruto x Sasuke ship was so strong.
"I want to watch you and Sasuke, Naruto"

is what Sai is really saying

So, yeah. I've decided that maybe this could be more enjoyable to watch on a week-to-week basis if I can frame it as a twisted (and still awful) yaoi story. It couldn't possibly be any worse than the actual show right now, could it?

Amikami

Banned
He never really knew Sasuke at all.....

fuck..this subplot fucked up this whole series man

According to Kishi, he did. That's bullshit I know but when the author says it than it is what it is. Bad writing but canon.

The problem is Kishi wasn't a good enough author to be convincing to logical, sensible human beings who know actual friendship.

Should have made them a team much earlier in their lives. Gave them years to grow. We needed to see more missions out of them, Made us see a real relationship. As he wrote things, we didn't see shit. It irritates me honestly how badly Kishi handled it.

Regiruler

Kishi couldn't write a meaningful relationship of any kind.
Whether it's friendship or romantic, he fumbles hard.
He managed every other friend fairly well.

Like I said if Lee's humor was cut a bit he would have made for a much better traitor given his buddyness with Naruto.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Naruto had no friends his age until joining team kakashi; he was an outcast treated as a monster. Sasuke was the first person he could relate to and vice versa. They did ninja shit together and saved each others lives..remember that whole land of the waves thing? So yeah, it makes sense to me.
Makes sense until the reveal that he was buddy-buddy with Shikamaru, Chouji and Kiba.

Heroman

Banned
It a huge major flaw.in the managa to the ponit werid kishi has to put in bs like
That naruto and Sasuke were always serct best friend but dont talk to each

Why wouldn't Sasuke just go back to his own room? What kind of bullshit logic is Kabuto spouting that they're falling for? Like hell someone like Sasuke wouldn't have his own personal room.

They have a licence to kill, so they don't care. If someone dies then they die.

Trigger discipline is also so that you don't shoot yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom