• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So, like, seriously, what even is Guren and why does anybody care about anything in this arc? I genuinely don't even know.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, I will never tire rewatching that final episode of One Punch Man, no matter how many times I see it. The animation, the music, everything is just so amazing.

...oh, right, time for One Piece.

Raxus

So, like, seriously, what even is Guren and why does anybody care about anything in this arc? I genuinely don't even know.

Not going to lie. This is by far the WORST thing Toonami is airing. It isn't bad enough to get a rise out of half the thread. It is just there and it takes forever. It is an active black hole of a slot. Taking good posters and sucking them in never to be seen until next week. It is THAT bad. People actively avoid it. It is ratings poison. I just sit back and look up Steven universe gifs to joke about Gurren's crystal gem style and they even fuck THAT up because she sits there and doesn't do jack shit for several god damn episodes. I hate this arc more than anything ever to air on Toonami.

You know, good filler does one or two things I think.

Flush out the world/characters more in a way that adds more depth to them.

Or the filler is wacky and over the top, and provides a nice distraction from what's happening in the actual story. (This one is harder to pull off.)

Seda

Not going to lie. This is by far the WORST thing Toonami is airing. It isn't bad enough to get a rise out of half the thread. It is just there and it takes forever. It is an active black hole of a slot. Taking good posters and sucking them in never to be seen until next week. It is THAT bad. People actively avoid it. It is ratings poison. I just sit back and look up Steven universe gifs to joke about Gurren's crystal gem style and they even fuck THAT up because she sits there and doesn't do jack shit for several god damn episodes. I hate this arc more than anything ever to air on Toonami.

I can't believe I watched this arc fully through at some point. It's so bad.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
omg, we clearly saw a second flag on the ship. Why do you care about that one flag if you have a spare?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

That arc is what killed Shippuden for me. I'd rather shit pacing than arcs like that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OH LIKE HELL LUFFY WOULD ACT LIKE THAT. "Let's just make a new one"

...though their reaction to thinking of Luffy's reaction was actually funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom