• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't know why, but the fact she just let him slash her made me laugh, like she didn't even attempt to deflect it.

cntr

Banned
iirc, Funimation dubbed season 2 of Tokyo Ghoul before season 1, and this was one of their early dubs

so you get the situation where the VAs are worse in season 2 because they aren't used to the voices yet

hey, so

why does juzo have "XIII" in his hair?

Is it meant to be 13?

..........Is FF13 his favorite Final Fantasy????
He's Xenahort.

xrgmjQ1.gif

I......... I have no idea why I'm supposed to care about any of this. Help. All I know is that the stitches kid annoys the hell out of me.

I mean, I know the "we are really the monster" thing is in full effect in this anime, but the CCG are definitively the good guys in this particular battle. Like, there's no debate about that.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yoooo Dragon Quest Builders 2! I might have to double dip for both versions

Oh and Tokyo Ghoul Root A still sucks

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I mean, I know the "we are really the monster" thing is in full effect in this anime, but the CCG are definitively the good guys in this particular battle. Like, there's no debate about that.

There's ways to make that theme work in this setting, but this series does none of those things.

Korigama

I just noticed that stitches (Rei, I believe it was) has hair clips arranged in a XIII to go along with the XIII on his scythe, and it annoys me as much as the rest of him does.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They're pretty much the good guys in every situation. Only the coffee drinkers have any leg to stand on morally as Ghouls.

ckohler

Like we discussed on the Podcast, this show wants you to like and hate both sides but we just end up not liking everything.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I have felt more emotional resonance with this 30 second promo then I have with the entire Tokyo Ghoul series.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yoooo Dragon Quest Builders 2! I might have to double dip for both versions

Oh and Tokyo Ghoul Root A still sucks
Oh hell yes, I'm just about done with Episode 4 in the first game, super glad to hear it's getting a sequel, especially with co-op & multiplayer, which will really please my friend who likes playing multiplayer Minecraft with his wife.

......also yes this is still stupid.

This promo for Outlaw Star had a thousand times more heart than what I just seen from Tokyo Ghoul this new season thus far.

I have felt more emotional resonance with this 30 second promo then I have with the entire Tokyo Ghoul series.

We think alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom