• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
latest

Just a minor scene which the anime left out (in a smart way) of Gon & Kil having to do manual labor by washing dishes since they had ordered sodas to go with their free spaghetti, but they didn't have any Greed Island currency which comes in the form of cards.
At this point of G.I. arc, they were going with a minimum of 4-5 chapters per episode to cover.
The anime made it so they did NOT have the sodas with them, so it works!
Also, the stern-looking, buff, red-shirted, sideburn-guy's corpse wasn't flipped on his blown-up stomach in the manga.
That there was right in full view

Finally, here's a cameo from Hiei:

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
This was a pretty good night of Toonami + JP DBS. Even if Vegeta had to break himself to do it, it's nice that the bits of him that still remain characterization he shows still hold true, even in Super. The fact our most brash, over-arrogant character ends up being the more technical of our Saiyan Duo is a nice shift over years and years of time.

Champa blimpin', Jotaru kissin', Pops dismissin'...

Great sketch as always SAB CA.

And thank you as always, also!

Lol @ the Pac-Man + Beerus combo

It's incredible math! ;)

cntr

Banned
do you guys think that when Yes named themselves, the conversation went something like "We're going to name our band Yes, yes?" "Yes."

I got a little emotional seeing that Outlaw Star is coming back. By far one of my favorite childhood shows ever, and it's what really got me into anime.

I have good memories of 2001

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think the last time I saw Outlaw Star was in 2008 or 2009, when I was in high school & learned about how Outlaw Star was on Toonami and my friend had it on DVD, so he let me borrow it. I remember they were big fans of the OP.

They're using the new bd remaster, right? That will save me some money. I also still own my bandai DVDs.
Yes, but it doesn't seem to be in widescreen. I wonder if it'll just be black borders or they'll do what they did for Kai.

Edit: I rechecked the preflight & it wasn't widescreen there, not sure why I misremembered, but corrected myself.

What was cowboy bebop's aspect ratio when the hd version aired briefly?

I think the last time I saw Outlaw Star was in 2008 or 2009, when I was in high school & learned about how Outlaw Star was on Toonami and my friend had it on DVD, so he let me borrow it. I remember they were big fans of the OP.

I remember buying one of the vhs tapes and being blown away that it had an intro like that. I'm pretty sure I rewound it several times before watching the actual episode.

Line_HTX

It's been a long while since I've seen Outlaw Star, and I still remember both ED's and the stupid annoying McDougle Brothers, but I wonder if this show aged well plot wise.

Thinking about the Sly Cooper series.

Man, Sly 1-3 are pretty okay, but 4 was just terrible. Thieves in Time probably killed the franchise, and with good reason.

At least it died before that probably awful CG movie was ever completed.

It's probably an android cat.

Also apparently the new upcoming Middle-earth: Shadow of War game requires an online connection.

Warner Bros. is just determined to kill their new franchise. Holy shit.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Here's some more JOJO tributes (at least the ones with Jotaro)
Pic between Toriyama & Murata isn't showing for me.

Though damn, Murata basically got the anime style down.

I really dig these "authors draw characters from different franchises from the same publication/company" pictures.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's kind of nuts just how much Araki's style has changed over the years/each part. There's a good pic showing the evolution of his art style for each part, though I don't know if it counts as "spoilers" with it just showing the main character from each one.

cntr

Banned
His Part 4 style is my favorite too, yeah.

That said, Part 7 and 8 has easily some of the most impressive art in the series, but that's hard to convey from just a shot of a character's head. So uh, wait for the Part 7 anime to roll around.

Moaradin

Part 4 is my favorite so far (based on the anime). Not a fan of how blocky and stiff the characters look in the previous parts, especially Part 3.

cntr

Banned
Part 4 is my favorite so far (based on the anime). Not a fan of how blocky and stiff the characters look in the previous parts, especially Part 3.
The anime style for Part 4 doesn't strictly match Araki's style. But both are pretty great.

The manga gets a lot more fluid too, like just look at the composition in that image yo.

Was going to post this last night
I've talked to the person who made that, here and there. A bit wild

Ah, those horse-necks in Battle Tendency lol
The anime style for Part 4 doesn't strictly match Araki's style. But both are pretty great.

The manga gets a lot more fluid too, like just look at the composition in that image yo.

Ah, from the mini-arc I got a preview of which influenced me to read ahead of Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom