• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
9b2.jpg

In case anyone's confused, this is Kenshiro from FOTNS.

So I caught up with what I missed last night and it seemed like it was a good night with Super, Kai and Lupin (dozed off right after the intro) being pretty solid episodes overall.

bigkrev

Weekend at the beach, no Cartoon Network, so no shows for me. Will catch at least Hunter x Hunter

Also, this week begins TOO MANY GAMES IN AUGUST.

Last Week: Tacoma (still haven't bought
This week: Megaman Legacy Collection 2, Hellblade, Batman Telltale S2 (maybe)
Week of August 14th: Starcraft Remastered, Sonic Mania, Matterfall, Nidhogg 2
Week of August 21st: Uncharted Lost Legacy
Week of August 27th: Madden, Everybody's Golf, Mario x Rabbids, Yakuza Kiwami, Life is Strange

There are more games out this month I want than the rest of the year put together.

Regiruler

I don't know why anyone would skip Part 2, and definitely Part 1, given that Part 3 so far feels much better having watched them. What Dio did is much more evil when you're attached to Jonathan.

This goes just as much for the OP. The flashes of Jonathan and young Joseph mean a lot more having watched Part 1 and 2.

I don't know why anyone would skip Part 2, and definitely Part 1, given that Part 3 so far feels much better having watched them. What Dio did is much more evil when you're attached to Jonathan.

This goes just as much for the OP. The flashes of Jonathan and young Joseph mean a lot more having watched Part 1 and 2.
Dio's at his best in Part 1, it's pretty much his story in my opinion. He's wearing Jonathan's body like Nixon from Futurama.

cntr

Banned
I swear you pick the weirdest shows to watch and not watch.
I'm terrible at catching up to shows, but I'm okay when they're actually coming out since it's tied to a specific schedule. One of the reasons I started watching Toonami!

...also I dropped it before the end of Season 1.

I'm terrible at catching up to shows, but I'm okay when they're actually coming out since it's tied to a specific schedule. One of the reasons I started watching Toonami!

...also I dropped it before the end of Season 1.
I survived 13 eps of Valvrave. I watched all of School Days, but couldn't do more of Valvrave, I even watched all of Tokyo Ghoul...quickly. Valvrave is just that damn bad.

Moaradin

Valvrave started out as a bad, entertaining trainwreck. Then it just became bad. The peak will always be that dumb high school musical scene.

I dunno how I managed to watch all 24 episodes tbh

cntr

Banned
Also, if I know a show is good, I end up thinking that because it's good, I have to give it my full attention, so I end up never doing it because I always decide that too tired or busy or whatever to do it.

It's dumb, but yeah.

I survived 13 eps of Valvrave. I watched all of School Days, but couldn't do more of Valvrave, I even watched all of Tokyo Ghoul...quickly. Valvrave is just that damn bad.
I thought the first two or so episodes were dumb but entertaining enough, but then...yeah, nah.

Seda

To be honest, I'm not sure why I watch Toonami. I don't ever really watch TV or movies otherwise (seda_in_box.gif). Barring rare exceptions, I cannot force myself to marathon most stuff, not just anime. I feel like it's a waste of time.

I think the best way to describe it is a passive slow way to familiarize myself with the popular (more casual) anime/manga stuff that is someone prevalent in the general gaming culture sphere of discussion., and I can watch while doing something else, do it doesn't feel like a 'waste of time'.

cntr

Banned
I watch it mostly because this thread is fun, and some of the shows that come on are pretty good. And the strict timing and group watch format helps alleviate any worries about not paying enough attention, so it's a good way to keep up with shows.

Seda

I watch it mostly because this thread is fun, and some of the shows that come on are pretty good. And the strict timing and group watch format helps alleviate any worries about not paying enough attention, so it's a good way to keep up with shows.

Yeah the interactive nature of a live watch certainly helps.

caliph95

I spend more time watching live action shows like better call Saul, Americans, hot new acclaimed on Netflix and cw shows than anything
But same reason I'm here and db thread

Line_HTX

DeMarco and AdultSwim helping bring MFDoom back with a new track every week for the next 15 weeks. Hope some of his work gets incorporated into Toonami.

My favorite was Microwave Mayonnaise.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Also, this week begins TOO MANY GAMES IN AUGUST.

Last Week: Tacoma (still haven't bought
This week: Megaman Legacy Collection 2, Hellblade, Batman Telltale S2 (maybe)
Week of August 14th: Starcraft Remastered, Sonic Mania, Matterfall, Nidhogg 2
Week of August 21st: Uncharted Lost Legacy
Week of August 27th: Madden, Everybody's Golf, Mario x Rabbids, Yakuza Kiwami, Life is Strange

There are more games out this month I want than the rest of the year put together.
Aside from Sonic Mania, which I have the LE pre-ordered for almost a year now, this month is basically the start of the busy game season, but also full of "eeeh, I might just wait for a sale" with stuff like Mario + Rabbids, Yakuza Kiwami (& that's because I still need to play 0), Warriors All-Stars, & Senran Kagura PBS (which I'm debating because the LE is the only way to get a physical copy, but I feel like waiting until I can get it for $50 or less, but BB or Amazon Prime would knock it to $56....).

Though it's mainly because I've got so much next month that I'm getting:

Sept. 15th: Metroid: Samus Returns's LE
Sept. 19th: MvC Infinite's Deluxe Edition & Raiden V's PS4 version w/ the OST
Sept. 26th: Danganronpa V3's LE on NISA's site
Sept. 29th: SNES Mini

Thank goodness my b-day is that month so I can hopefully get some money that can pay a game or two off....but then again, Sept. is also my best friend's birthday (gonna get him FLCL on BD), my dad's birthday, & my b-day falls on the same week as my dad's wife.

& gotta agree the main reason I've been sticking with Toonami is that it's just great fun group watching & discovering shows I probably wouldn't have previously. Plus I get to witness dubs for shows I've already seen.

Xe4

Banned
I like Toonami because it introduced me to JoJo, HxH, and Lupin in less than a year. When a show comes on that sucks or is boring, I can always browse the live thread. It's a good deal in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom