• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
the justification i find most compelling is
dio has the stand abilities of all the joestar family
, but that's still kind of undermined by
holly and josuke

the real justification is probably that
Araki was probably going week by week with story beats and didnt know what powers Dio would fully have by the end

Xe4

Banned
The goal of their journey is to Kill Dio, Holly getting ill just forces them to go ASAP and not really plan, which as you are about to witness, leads them to a lot of troubling situations.

Jotaro probably got convinced by saving his mom, but Joseph and Avdol are going after Dio cause he's so dangerous. Kakyoin is just going for that sweet MILF booty

IT just feels weird to me. If they're going to kill Dio than Holly dying was even more unnecessary. And the whole "she can't handle the stand because she's too weak" was executed supremely poorly.

cntr

Banned
The World was originally going to be EVERY SINGLE STANDO COMBINED.

the justification i find most compelling is
dio has the stand abilities of all the joestar family
, but that's still kind of undermined by
holly and josuke
This idea gets repeated a lot, but as far as I can tell, Araki's never actually said this.

So, nah, it probably was meant to be Jonathan's stand or something from the start.

B.K.

I'm a bit later to this, I was raiding in Final Fantasy XIV.

I can't believe Walk Like an Egyptian is the ending theme for Stardust Crusaders. That's the funniest thing I've seen all week.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I haven't watch an episode of TG since....the first one?

Based on what I've seen in the threads since, I haven't missed anything.

i wanna say the last Tokyo Ghoul I watched was when they were fighting fake Hisoka in a church?

Seda

wtzgU.gif

Xe4

Banned
So instead of joining Aloghiri (or whatever, I don't care enough to look up the name), why didn't Kaneki do stuff like try to shut down this horribly fucked up fighting ring?

Jarate

Banned
IT just feels weird to me. If they're going to kill Dio than Holly dying was even more unnecessary. And the whole "she can't handle the stand because she's too weak" was executed supremely poorly.

Stands will get explained more later to show why she's dying. Like I said, normally they'd take their time to prepare thouroughly to make sure they can get to Dio, but now the timeline has gone up tremendously. It's a nice storybeat, because Jotaro needs some type of motivation, and the only thing we know that he loves deep down is his mom, and it also forces the crew to fight in supremely overwhelming odds which is what Araki is absolutely beastly at writing at.

I don't see a problem with a son trying to save his mom from dying though. In fact, that makes Jotaro a much better protagonist in my eyes and really fleshes out his character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom