• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xe4

Banned
It's way easier to get away with exposition in manga.

The issue is that anime adaptation styles are stupid and just 1:1 transfer the exposition from the page into the show. It honestly kind of baffles me why the style is still around.

Yeah, it's definitely a lot more acceptable to explain things in print vs. in a show, because animation is a much more visual medium than even manga/comics.

cntr

Banned
mais non mais non mais non mais non

Yeah, it's definitely a lot more acceptable to explain things in print vs. in a show, because and animation is a much more visual medium than even manga/comics.
And reading text is much faster than the voice actors having to say everything.

Probably the worst thing about Shonen, honestly. Just fucking fight dammit. Don't explain everything, we're smart enough to figure it out.

I get JoJo because of how old it is and it comes off better in that regard, but it seems most Shonen afterward explain out everything. Agreed. Next to whole power of friendship *Fairy Tail* cough cough

I honestly want a scene where someone tries to explain and their opponent straight takes the out while the explanation happens. That has probably happened though...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Crossfire Hurricane SPECIAL

Man, this season is already animated as fuck.

Definitely a higher budget than Season 1.
DiU is gonna blow people's minds (minus bits of QUALITY that hopefully will be fixed with Blu-Ray)

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom