• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
Is still don't get if Greed Island is the real world or not and how this game world was overlain on the real world
It's a real island, and all the mechanics, NPCs, and monsters are nen constructs overlaid on top of the island.

Oh shit, we're already getting into percentages??

Is still don't get if Greed Island is the real world or not and how this game world was overlain on the real world

I completely forgot that was even the case when I read the manga. I guess I didn't care that much. Greed Island bored the crap out of me in the manga.

All I remember is a shit ton of text and training... and a game... and an uncomfortable naked scene...

Watching the anime is giving me a much needed new appreciation for Hunter X Hunter.

cntr

Banned
I enjoy the nen system a lot, but yes, Togashi could work on his exposition skills.

Unusually, the anime is an improvement from the manga!

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I actually love how well thought out but how simple Nen is. A lot of this makes perfect sense especially to people who played a lot of RPGs. Aura is basically your pool of MP or whatever you want to call it but you have to actually determine where, when and how you use it.

I really hope this part of the arc ends. It's not capturing me like the York New one or even the training aspects of the Heaven's Arena arc.

Morlas

when they're done with their training will they be ready to hunt a Barroth?

tumblr_ov6ciikXgz1wyc2nlo1_500.gif

I enjoy the nen system a lot, but yes, Togashi could work on his exposition skills.

Unusually, the anime is an improvement from the manga!

It's a vast improvement.

Reading the current chapters as they come out is assuring me of that even more.

I read through all of this but watching this feels like a completely different experience all together.

Also, I don't dislike Killua anymore. I'm astonished it's changed my opinion of the series so much.

I actually love how well thought out but how simple Nen is. A lot of this makes perfect sense especially to people who played a lot of RPGs. Aura is basically your pool of MP or whatever you want to call it but you have to actually determine where, when and how you use it.

Yeah, it's really well-executed. My favorite energy system in Shonen manga.

Wasn't the Yu Yu Hakusho's anime better than the manga?

It seems to be a pattern for his shows from what I've heard.

As someone who owns the entire Yu Yu Hakusho manga... yeah, sort of. Kinda. The first two volumes all have individual stories that aren't in the anime. The rest is about the same only it's more gorey.

However, the manga REALLY shits the bed at the final arc. So hard that the anime had no choice but to give it a better ending.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Why is Killua training in Enhancing when he's a Transmutor?

You gotta learn to do everything or you'll be deficient. Nen abilities can also combine multiple Nen-types. So just because you're one thing it doesn't mean you don't need to know the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom