• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

OPM coming to Toonami is pretty inevitable. It's a matter of when not if. It coming soon would be amazing though. The line up is already one of the best we've had.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If anything, it seems more likely to be Gundam's replacement. We don't even know how much has been dubbed by the time it premieres.

Jarate

Banned
TB89uDF.gif

Grexeno

At the very least, the dub is actually appearing soon & we'll get info on who's voicing who.

........though yes, that is VERY coincidental timing since that's the same night Champloo will air its final episode.

July 2nd is pretty much guaranteed to be a marathon, which puts Champloo's final episode the following week, and the replacement the week after. The timing is still coincidental with Toonami replacements usually being announced 2 weeks in advance.

If anything, it seems more likely to be Gundam's replacement. We don't even know how much has been dubbed by the time it premieres.

If Samurai Jack doesn't get 11 PM (or 11:30 PM with everything being moved down), which is by no means a guarantee, then replacing Iron-Blooded Orphans is pretty much the only time it can start (although the end date for IBO is probably going to end up being in December, or hell maybe even January depending on marathons.)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
July 2nd is most likely gonna be a marathon, & now that there's enough episodes, it'll probably be of HxH....though DBZ Kai would probably be my 2nd guess to be all "LOOK, SORRY ABOUT NOT TELLING YOU ABOUT 11:30, HERE, GET A CHANCE TO WATCH SOME EPISODES YOU MIGHT'VE MISSED"

I'm still watching MHA.

It's good, but awkward. The art quality is really missing sometimes, and on point at other times. I hope that rumor about it being 2 cour is true, because it means we'll be getting to the good stuff. The start of MHA is pretty average.

Grexeno

I'm still watching MHA.

It's good, but awkward. The art quality is really missing sometimes, and on point at other times. I hope that rumor about it being 2 cour is true, because it means we'll be getting to the good stuff. The start of MHA is pretty average.
It would be pretty rare for a 2-cour show to switch timeslots in the middle.

Personally I think another big title like Jojo or OPM is not in the cards for July but on the other hand they can't be completely discounted either.

For sure I think our guesses of an older remaster like outlaw star hd or the new escaflowne dub make more sense then another big premiere.

Raxus

Oh man, Apollo's Justice is the black sheep of the Phoenix Wright series. It is best if you got a cliff notes version of it and just skipped to the next entry.

Oh man, Apollo's Justice is the black sheep of the Phoenix Wright series. It is best if you got a cliff notes version of it and just skipped to the next entry.

Yeah. Apollo Justice just isn't very good.

Speaking of Ace Attorney, I'm really looking forward to the next one.

Raxus

Aside from Trucy I am really trying to figure out something good from Apollo Justice only to find I blotted most of it out of my mind which is never a good sign.

Aside from Trudy I am really trying to figure out something good from Apollo Justice only to find I blotted most of it out of my mind which is never a good sign.

Kristoph's Breakdown at the end is probably one the best in the series.

That's all I can think of. I'd be pretty surprised if story elements from Apollo Justice actually make their return to the series. The fucking Jurist system is never gonna be brought up again.

It's probably for the best. I mean, who wants this character to rear his face again?
latest

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Android 16 takes on Cell to prevent him from absorbing 17 and 18, Orga leads the kids in a full mutiny against the First Corps while Gjallerhorn renews its assault, it's Gon and Kurapika's turns to battle their prisoner opponents in the Trick Tower, the gang finally arrives in Nagasaki just a stone's throw away from Ikitsuki Island but it seems someone else has their eyes set on them as Champloo reaches its grand three-part finale, Sasuke sets his sights on the next recruit for his team: a woman named Karin, Moriah brings Luffy's shadow to the corpse he has prepped to become Special Zombie #900 while Brook turns his attention to reclaiming his own shadow, and Shinichi has problems with Murano while Yuuko decides to confront Hideo Shimada like a moron.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 74 - Run, Android 17! Piccolo's All-or-Nothing Struggle!
11:30 - Dragonball Z Kai - 75 - Power Unknown! Android 16 Breaks His Silence!
12:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 3 - Glorious Demise
12:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 9 - Beware × of × Prisoners
1:00 - Samurai Champloo - 24 - Evanescent Encounter (Part 1)
1:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 116 - Guardian of the Iron Wall
2:00 - One Piece - 350 - The Warrior Known As the "Devil"!! The Moment of Oars' Revival
2:30 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 9 - Beyond Good and Evil

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That dub isn't even that old. Those dubbed episodes were released in 2009.

That's what happens when you decide you're going to do your dub in Calgary.

Ouch, talk about zero effort. I thought they were out in like 2002 or something.
It would explain why we didn't get the OVAs that followed. Doesn't matter, the 2011 anime covers those (and more).

What kinda sucks about AJ's plot points being left to rot is that
we'll never get a true resolution on the Trucy and Apollo bring siblings plot

Usually anyways. G Gundam was dubbed in Cow-town and that turned out pretty damn good.

Also that dub is from 2009? I could have sworn it was from the early 2000's.

See it's stuff like this that makes me go "I must be acting deaf" because aside from Gon most of that sounded fine to me. The current dub is better, of course but the question of how much is what's bothering me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom