• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
"Raise your flags" Heh, nice touch SARA.

I don't know if this is true, but apparently Toriyama wanted Semi-Perfect Cell to be Cell's Perfect Form, but the editor said "no".

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The editor got that one right

Indeed. As much as people like to cry "authorial intent", editors are just as important. If not them then people that should just say "no".
Why do you think the Star Wars Prequels were such a disaster? Nobody told Lucas "no"

Raxus

Indeed. As much as people like to cry "authorial intent", editors are just as important. If not them then people that should just say "no".
Why do you think the Star Wars Prequels were such a disaster? Nobody told Lucas "no"

Even watching the original Star Wars you can see in the third one when Lucas started to creep in when editors had less control managing his id.

I don't know if this is true, but apparently Toriyama wanted Semi-Perfect Cell to be Cell's Perfect Form, but the editor said "no".

The editor got that one right

Yeah, I was wrong before. From Kanzenshuu:
Fuyuto Takeda: So you hadn’t planned on Cell appearing at all?

Akira Toriyama: That’s right. I liked No. 19 and No. 20 just fine. And I liked the initial Cell fine as well.

Fuyuto Takeda: The bug-like one?

Akira Toriyama: But Kondō-san said “He looks ugly. Of course, he can transform.”, so I had no choice but to transform him into his second-form.

Yū Kondō: Was that how it was?

Akira Toriyama: And then you were really awful, Kondō-san. “This time he looks like a moron, doesn’t he? Hurry up and make him into his perfect-form.” you said.

Yū Kondō: But he really did look like a moron. (laughs)

Akira Toriyama: With second-form Cell as well, I liked him well enough. Actually, I had wanted him to play a more active role. But since I was told he looked stupid, I had no choice but to change him. (laughs) So I made him into his cool-looking perfect form, which was to Kondō-san‘s liking.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That commercial reminds me, I can't find any of that Ecto Cooler stuff.

...but I did find those key lime flavored Twinkies.

If you're gonna wear Hitler's mustache you should have Hitler's ambition!

Perfect Cell is perfect Cell.

Never trust evil Charlie Chaplin.

Also time to RAISE YOUR FLAG.

tumblr_n6jwfisT7K1sbzhteo1_400.gif

EDIT: Boo at that awful fucking cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom