• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RAISE YOUR FLAAAAAAAG

vDHbuT9.gif

I know this will probably be brought up in the next episode or something or i missed it, but is the reason that gundams arent a thing anymore cause like gundaniam got hard to get a hands on? or are those other mobile suits still gundams?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well damn, that was rather good. Still think we might have some trouble following everything when we're commenting at the same time, but hopefully won't be as bad as Dimension W & such.

Well that was a fucking info packed episode, just like every other first episode of Gundam. I think the only Gundam that started neatly was G Gundam, and that cuz it didn't deal with politics.

Jarate

Banned
I know this will probably be brought up in the next episode or something or i missed it, but is the reason that gundams arent a thing anymore cause like gundaniam got hard to get a hands on? or are those other mobile suits still gundams?

These ones are made out of unobtainium

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Dear Cartoon Network, please cut down Dragon Soul to nothingness so that better songs may be played in full.

Battlechili

Banned
Aww. I love Man With a Mission. :(
Interupting it with commercials is kinda lame, though I understand why.

Overall I enjoyed that! So far IBO is great! If it keeps this up this is looking to be a great show! Its so dramatic. Although I'm still not entirely sure I understand why they were attacking this group on Mars.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So i haven't seen any HxH, what's the digest version of what I need to know

The world's crazy dangerous
Hunters are strong people that explore the world.
The protagonist Gon is doing it to find his father
Kurapika is doing it to get revenge on the people that killed his family
Leorio is doing it for MONEY
Killua is doing it for... can't say yet cause spoilers
Hisoka is a monster clown with intense bloodlust.

That's about it.

There's a hunter exam that our four main characters, Gon, Killua, Leorio, and Kurapika are trying to pass so they can become official hunters which are super strong people.

Hisoka is dabes.

Naruto ripped off a ton from HxH.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

The intro is going to give you the basics on what Hunters are. So far they've gone through the first two tests of the Hunter Exam. The 4 main guys are Gon, Killua, Kurapika, and Leorio. Hisoka is creepy, psycho, and vaguely pedo.

Regiruler

Why was the daughter at the military base if she was going to earth?

Why attack a military base if it would be easier to kill her in space transit?

bigkrev

I guess I'm the one who hated Gundam. Will give it another week or two

Gon meets Kurapika Leorio and Killua at an exam to make them hunters. Most of the other participants have died kinda horrific deaths. There is a really powerful pedophile clown.

Well those guys are orphans. Working in what amounts to a rundown base. That they have any weapons at all is pretty amazing. They wouldn't have mobile suits. Those are for important people.

PixelatedBookake

Hunters are adventure people who get to do whatever they want. Protag's dad is guy who became a Hunter instead of raise him. He wants to find his dad. Meets friends. Takes exam. This part of the exam is on an airship.

SkyOdin

This will be discussed in the next couple episodes, but
there were 72 Gundam Frames built hundreds of years ago during the Calamity War, and most of those were lost or destroyed over the years. Most Mobile Suits in use are in fact relics from that war, other than the ones built by Gjallerhorn.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's still funny how we won't see a good chunk of those silhouettes for a long time.

CAREFUL GUYS

HUNTER X HUNTER MIGHT CONTAIN MATURE CONTENT!!

...........oh it's TV-PG

Still a kids manga in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom