• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
I backed Mighty Number Nine and that one SRPG that had the guys doing FF Tactics on it

I also backed good games like Yatagarasu and Hex

Well, we're less than 24 hours till Gundam returns to Toonami.

Does anyone just crash immediately when they get into the Gundam?

Because I feel like I would. I would get in it, and then immediately accidentally crush the person I got in to protect.

Mizerman

Because I feel like I would. I would get in it, and then immediately accidentally crush the person I got in to protect.

I would be a pathetic MC for a Gundam series.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I backed Half Genie Hero because I believe in Wayforward. That's it.

I specifically did not back MN 09 because while I'm a massive Mega Man fan I do not trust Inafune.

ckohler

I've backed:

Mighty No. 9: Bleh. Such a let down.
Half-Genie Hero: Looking pretty solid.
WAKFU Dub: Not bad. Worth it for the Blu-Rays.
Shenmue 3: Causiously Optomistic.
MST3K Revival. Excited and hopeful.

I don't really regret backing any even if the outcomes are lackluster. My only problem with Kickstarter so far is how often people miss deadlines for perks.

bigkrev

Oh, and the other things I backed:
Scroll.VG Summer Vacation Issue
and a localization for a BL visual novel that only got to 50% funding :(

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Yatagarasu
Treachery in Beatdown City
River City Ransom Underground
Shantae: Half Genie Hero
Mighty Numbah Nyne
Shenmue 3
Bubblegum Crisis Ultimate Edition
Riding Bean
Skullgirls
Shovel Knight

Of course there's others I'd have liked to pitch in to, but I feel like that's enough for now, especially with how many are still on the way.

I'm honestly happy when games I want are announced and fully funded already. The idea that everything has to brush by KS / IGG at times feel like many of the things I wanna see pop up at an E3 or such, are just tossed towards crowdfunding first, instead.

My burning spirit would protect me.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
dont back kickstarters unless theyre 100% viable
I get the idea, but I always find that so sad. The point of "Kickstarting" something is generally to put a go to something that wouldn't go otherwise. 100% situations are guys that'd probably get funding another way, if their crowdfunds fail.

Yet there's always SOME risk in even the best organized KS proposals.

I definitely agree with only putting REAL money into the KS's that are most legit, and playing it safe with the ones that are more risky.
Toonami day!

New show, new time!

See you guys at 11:30!

The new time is going to throw me off. Need to get on that sketchin' a bit earlier, like the "old days"! Thanks for the reminder, it's never too early! ;-)

Soulflarz

Banned
I've never kickstarted

an example of a thing I would kickstart:

anamanaguchis endless fantasy

the album was done, they just needed a record label, that's as safe as you can go

aka I'm part of the free rider problem
"if my one contribution wont make or break it, why contribute at all", which leads to few contributing.

Tenumi

Banned
Never done anything with Kickstarter. Couldn't even if I wanted to. Need money for that. Money I do not have.

Anyway, I'm going to try to show up for the first two shows tonight, but no guarantees. Still gotta catch up on Champloo and HxH, though I at least made progress on that this week.

Jarate

Banned
Champloo you should be good to watch sīnce it's more like a weekly story rather then huge arcs

also, get to watching HxH or else you'll never catch up

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
aka I'm part of the free rider problem
"if my one contribution wont make or break it, why contribute at all", which leads to few contributing.

Yeah, the view of KS as a "preorder of a sure thing" vs a risky investment is something that I think many are uncomfortable with. Not like it's people's faults either; many people market it that way, which is somewhat disingenuous.

I also backed Shovel Knight which was amazing

I wish every game KS would act like Shovel Knight (Release the base game, pepper in the expansions as free updates along the way). It feels like this gets the backers, and every fan, WAY more than what the retail price asked for, and it feels amazingly "pro-consumer".

I'm just looking forward to tonight's goodie by Demarco.

Was there a hint to what it was?

Never done anything with Kickstarter. Couldn't even if I wanted to. Need money for that. Money I do not have.

It's actually one of the best things to do with little money, in a way. You can pay a buck, and, with the right KS, get more "Making of" behind the scenes materials than 1000s of dollars of Blu-Rays and DVDs. And when backers of any tier get to vote on things to be added to the game, getting to see the process and concepts can just be awesome.

One thing I love for River City Ransom Underground is that there's a Backer-Only forum where they show off prototype animations, early backgrounds, and just discuss with people on directly related, and kinda related topics (like favorite BEU's and such). It's quite nice to have connections with the devs, even between KS mailings, and it's great to really get into the mind of people making a game.

I feel it's a bit of a shame that the "dev insight" side of KSing products really isn't talked about much. Sure a lot of it makes it to non-backers eventually, but much of this wouldn't ever be produced for public consumption without this method of funding.

I used to geek out so much over the Translator notes in Working Designs games, or getting to see a 20 minute "making of" featurette with a game release. This stuff is way more in depth than that.

Man, when you watch Kiznaiver and The Lost Village back to back...

...I think Mari Okada might be a madwoman.

It's not often you get to watch terrible, nonsensical garbage and great, understandable and well written conflict in the same season by the same person.

Direction in Kiznaiver is also great fwiw. Mizushima sux in Lost Village. Art direction is on point too, Kiznaiver is on the level of a KyoAni show. Bravo trigger

Seda

The only Gundam shows I've seen are Wing, G Gundam, and 00, which I understand are all separate/disconnected from the main 'timeline'.

How does IBO fit into the Gundam Universe and is there anything I need to know before watching it?

The only Gundam shows I've seen are Wing, G Gundam, and 00, which I understand are all separate/disconnected from the main 'timeline'.

How does IBO fit into the Gundam Universe and is there anything I need to know before watching it?

Nope IBO is also unconnected to anything else.

Iron Blooded Orphans is like G Gundam and Wing in that it's a standalone series baring no relation to any previous Gundam titles and timelines and can be watched without any prior knowledge of the franchise.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Don't know about IBO, but generally, the thing that's nice between Gundam's is that they're all trying to be classic Gundam, so a lot of the same concepts, situations, and character archetypes show up.

So you get a bit more out of each series if you can get the beats of a character or situation early, but it's definitely not required to enjoy it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Spoilers of course. Like seriously.
The Dressrosa coliseum has an announcer (Gyats) that provides commentary. He actually ends up being a key player in helping Luffy defeat Doflamingo, keeping him safe while his Haki recharges. When Law keeps an eye on Luffy, Gyats gets the crowd going to call for their savior.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Dressrosa coliseum has an announcer (Gyats) that provides commentary. He actually ends up being a key player in helping Luffy defeat Doflamingo, keeping him safe while his Haki recharges. When Law keeps an eye on Luffy, Gyats gets the crowd going to call for their savior.

And he pretty much keeps on going commentating on everything through the entire rest of the arc from the climax on.

Mizerman

And he pretty much keeps on going commentating on everything through the entire rest of the arc from the climax on.

Heh. Well that seems pretty cool.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Piccolo throws down with 17 while Bulma tries to figure out a way to shut down the androids for good, on the oppressed world of Mars a group of orphans abandoned in the wake of an Earth attack decides to strike back against their enemies using the power of a mobile suit known as Gundam, the 42 remaining Hunter applicants hitch a ride on Netero's airship and Killua reveals some of his true identity to Gon, Samurai Champloo takes a turn for the spoopy as the trio seemingly find themselves suddenly in Thriller Bark, Orochimaru tries to take Sasuke's body at long last but it may be that the young Uchiha can turn the tables on the snake, Nami does her best to get Lola off her case while Franky and Robin face off against Taralan the Spider Monkey, and Shinichi makes a new friend before confronting the parasite who killed his mother.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 72 - Break the Super Saiyan Barrier! Into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber!
11:30 - Dragonball Z Kai - 73 - The Super Namekian Powers Up! Piccolo vs. Android 17!
12:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 1 - Iron and Blood...
12:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 7 - Showdown × On × The Airship
1:00 - Samurai Champloo - 22 - Cosmic Collisions
1:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 114 - Eye of the Hawk
2:00 - One Piece - 348 - Appearing from the Sky! That Man Is the Humming Swordsman!
2:30 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 7 - A Dark Night's Passing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom