• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

As I said earlier, if Dandy''s first thirteen episodes get rerun, that would put 'Season 2' to start on July 5th - although that's pretty safe speculation.

IE "we don't have an exact date yet but know its happening"

Perhaps there will be a movie night or the exact final date of when s2 will start isn't finalized yet

Yeah maybe, although I could see them airing Dandy and starting a movie at midnight.

As I said earlier, if Dandy''s first thirteen episodes get rerun, that would put 'Season 2' to start on July 5th - although that's pretty safe speculation.

Yeah maybe, although I could see them airing Dandy and starting a movie at midnight.

I didn't think about that, yeah that could work

MikeMyers

By the way, when Man God and a few others show up we'll have to decide what is a good time on Sunday to watch the LORD SESSHOMARU special.

I like how we set the time specifically so BassForever can join us, and he doesn't watch.

MikeMyers

I watched the 'Woman who Loved Sesshomaru' episodes.

I thought they were kind of stupid :/

jaken-002.jpg

In all seriousness, I prefer the canon episode post-Band of Seven than pre-Band of Seven mainly because its Naraku pursuing the heroes, instead of vice versa.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
"A Legend from the Hidden Leaf: The Onbaa!"

xIhtbG2l.jpg

In the deep dark woods a deep throated voice repeats the word Onbaaa. A bird of prey plucks something from a nest and an ape like monster growls in fury after it. Naruto is hopping through the trees throwing kunai at a tree when a shadow passes over him. He turns and blindly throws a kunai at it, narrowly missing the bird who drops his quarry. Naruto thinks the bird shat on him but checks and doesn't see any. He's had a hard day of training and needs a shower anyways.

Bzsv7Dkl.jpg

He doesn't notice the tribble on his shoulder. He enters through the front gate while one half of our favorite Chunin proctors stares at him. So do many of the villagers. Akamaru barks at him and Naruto asks Kiba what he's saying. Akamaru thinks he smells bad and Kiba asks if he's not been bathing. Kiba takes a big whiff and holds his nose. Watch it bub, though maybe the eagle did poop on him in his blind spot.

eD8F7jEl.jpg

Sakura comes waltzing up, calling Naruto lazybones and saying he doesn't have a mission. He hasn't just been laying around though and Sakura agrees, pointing out that he ripped his pants. He didn't even notice. She says come by later and she'll fix them up. Naruto is thrilled by this, grabbing her hand and thanking her over and over again. A tiny animal hand reaches out.

AuUZ6lr.gif

Oh, my. Naruto doesn't understand why Sakura is after him. Sakura is full on rage demon now and takes out three needles and threatens to ventilate Naruto with them. "What about those grubby little paws sticking out of your armpits?" She then realizes what she is saying and points to the arm. Kiba tells him to check his back/male privilage. "ANBUUU!"

uHprbLIl.jpg

What did that eagle eat? Kiba calls Naruto an idiot and says it's a creature, Sakura asks if its a caterpiller. Naruto wants it off. Kiba says its no bug it's a little animal and he tries his hardest to pull it off to no avail. They head to the Hokage's office where Tonton and Akmaru are sniffing at it wildly. She sighs and asks if any of them had been told the legend of the Onbaa. Not ringing any bells. She asks Shizune and she's not familiar with it either, most be an old folklore. Tsunade isn't bothered and tells the legend she heard when she was just a little girl. A bear like creature that lives in the mountains near the village. That idiot Jiraiya heard the tale and spent the entire summer looking for one. Naruto asks if the Pervy Sage really did that and the Fifth says yep, leading to a FLASHBACK.

26SNphrl.jpg

Tsunade thinks Jiraiya is a big idiot and that the Onbaa doesn't exist. He says his research will prove it so and that she is a billboard of a female. Orochimaru...thinks Jiraiya is right for once and that the Onbaa exists! Both Tsunade and Jiraiya are shook by this. Naruto asks if he ever found one and Tsunade says he returned three days later claiming to have won by a ring out move, the little liar. Naruto doesn't get this either. She goes over and finds something among her records. Naruto doesn't recognize it.

5EWQwmDl.jpg

The worst handwriting he's ever seen. Sakura says he's one to talk. Onbaa are big, about nine feet tall. When they get angry they are unbeatable. He beat one at wrestling. Naruto asks if this is a joke. Onbaa children are carried piggyback, this is how they are raised. Naruto is legit shook. Tsunade thought J-man was telling tales but it looks like he was right. That's great and all but Naruto wants help with his problem. Tsunade claims that the Onbaa has imprinted with him and will cling to his back until it has reached maturity. Sakura laughs and says he'll just have to wait until it grows up. That's an awesome idea, what is he going to do when its a nine foot tall behemoth? They all back away. Thanks for all the support. Tsunade tells him to relax, it's just a legend. He doesn't find it reassuring and neither does the Onbaa.

Lt45WJol.jpg

Sakura and Kiba see him off, they'll be cheering from the sidelines. Naruto wishes they'd offer some more proactive help when Lee comes walking up, carrying his own burden. Naruto wonders what is going on but all Lee says before speeding off is that he will not be outdone. This isn't a weight you know.

FsxzSjnl.jpg

Another familiar ninja spots Naruto. She's hiding Chopper style behind that pole and sneaks behind him until he confronts her. Spill it, Hinata, what's up. Well, she heard this weird rumor. What weird rumor? Well, you see, people are saying you have a baby with you. Naruto is glad and shows her the Onbaa and she immediately faints.

1KHy0zZl.jpg

Naruto rushes over and shakes her awake, calling her name. She sees the Onbaa on his shoulder and immediately faints again. Naruto just doesn't understand. It's night time and he's back at his place with a pizza. The Onbaa doesn't like it and ends up pissing on Naruto. Naruto is in the tub next and says he thinks he'll be spending a lot of time in the tub from now on. He goes to the Ramen shop next. Teuchi says they don't allow pets here, health code violation and all. He says he missed out on dinner because of the fuzz bucket. Ayame says he is a cute little fuzzball and her dad asks if he has a name for it. ANBU ANBU. That's about all it says so Naruto says they should go with that. The little guy is reaching for something in Naruto's bowl and gets spirally eyes! He wants some and he likes the fish cake so Naruto orders a bunch of them.

F120fIFl.jpg

Naruto is asleep on his stomach when a load roar comes from the mountains. Some day after Tsunade is watching Naruto clean the Hokage statues. Ever since he got this weight on his back he's gotten all the cushiest jobs. ANBU is much bigger now and so quickly. Tsunade thinks this is bad. Tsunade calls him into his office and gives him a mission to clear out some mountain bandits. Naruto is onto her though and says it's clear she wants to use this mission to get rid of the little guy. She waves this off, of course not, she's impressed with HIS growth instead. Naruto asks who he is going with. Nononononono, A solo mission. Shizune looks like she is about to jump out the window. A simple recon mission. Naruto is more convinced than ever that she wants ANBU gone.

9Jx2pK9l.jpg

ANBU reaches out cutely for Shizune and she does her classic wig out. Tsunade watches him leave the town from the gate while Sakura, Lee, Kiba, Akamaru, Shizune and an even more hidden Hinata look on. It's all in fate's hands now. Naruto behins a travel montage including getting back door fish cake from a ramen shop. By the end of the montage ANBU is basically as tall as Naruto. He's been glad of all the time spent together and calls Granny Tsunade a stick in the mud and that after they clear out these bandits he'll come back with his head held high. ANBU likes the plan. Naruto stops short at the impressive bandit fortress and tells them to come out. They promptly do asking what this kid wants. He's Naruto Uzumaki and this is ANBU. You jerks ready? They charge as Naruto makes some shadow clones. He's not very fast though and the bandits kill some of the ANBU shadow clones. This infuriates the real Naruto. He proceeds to lay them all to waste. One was hiding on a cliff with a wicked saw blade and comes down to dome Naruto.

k1VhO6Tl.jpg

Not a chance with ANBU around. He wacks the bandit who goes flying. He is now dragging ANBU around. Naruto can't wait to head back to the village and he doesn't care what anyone says, they are a team like Kiba and Akamaru. Naruto ANBU duo, joined at the hip. He senses something bad and heads for the nearest tree...which is taken down by a nine foot tall white behemoth.

iTLE8GYl.jpg

ANBU is that...your momma? Why is she so mad? He didn't steal him if that's what you're thinking and he asks ANBU to stick up for him. ANBU is scared and is clinging to Naruto, making him unable to fight back. Naruto tells his baby boy to give his mamma a hug but before that happens Naruto gets sent flying over a cliff. The mother and son have a moment and they figure it out just as ANBU matures into an adult. Naruto wonders why he is so light when he notices ANBU got so big. Both are chasing him and his baby boy knocks him into a nearby cliff. He's cornered? Naruto is begging off! They're like two peas in a pod! Remember all the fish cake? He points to his back and eventually hypnotizes him with the spiral. He remembers! His mom goes to strike but Anbu blocks it! Naruto sees his son clearly again and faints, exhausted. He gets a ride back to town from his son and is left at the gate of the hidden leaf. He wakes up and tells ANBU so long. He heads to the Hokage's office and starts CRACKING UP.

tCYkmo2l.jpg

Onbaa are no longer legend. They are mating like crazy outside the village and the eagle keep scooping them up. Shizune has one too. The fifth demands the secret of getting rid of them. Hard to say, there was a bit of wrestling involved. This is no laughing matter as the whole village seemingly has one but Naruto won't talk and can only laugh.

ejgh98kl.jpg
ulxQAVwl.jpg

NEXT EPISODE: "Laughing Shino"

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Dandy and friends deal with a chameleon alien, the missing Court Guard Squad officers make their return, Chiyo demands to join Team Kakashi in hunting down the Akatsuki, Rob Lucci tears through the Straw Hats as CP9 prepares to leave Galley-La Company ablaze, Rin raises the ire of one of his classmates, Rokuro Okajima gets abducted by the crew of the Black Lagoon and learns a bit about the pirate life as Black Lagoon makes its Toonami debut, Naruto has a run-in with Haku and Zabuza confronts the rest of the team on Tazuna's bridge, Togusa picks up the Laughing Man case from a new perspective, the Elrics find themselves face to face with the serial killer Scar, Aku decides to double down on hunting down Jack by making an evil clone, Team Satomi takes on a desperate Yamma, Grievous captures a Jedi Master, and the Galalunians learn a thing or two about teamwork.

11:30 - Space Dandy - 12 - Nobody Knows the Chameleon Alien, Baby
12:00 - Bleach - 337 - The Developer of the Mod Souls
12:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 12 - The Retired Granny's Determination
1:00 - One Piece - 246 - The Straw Hat Pirates Annihilated? The Menace of the Leopard Model!
1:30 - Blue Exorcist - 5 - A Boy from the Cursed Temple
2:00 - Black Lagoon - 1 - The Black Lagoon
2:30 - Naruto - 12 - Battle on the Bridge! Zabuza Returns!!
3:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 20 - RE-VIEW
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 5 - Rain of Sorrows
4:00 - Samurai Jack - 8 - Jack vs. Mad Jack
4:30 - IGPX - 21 - Decision
5:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 31 - Grievous Intrigue
5:30 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 3 - Elephant Logic

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh man I remember that sloth monkey thing.

It's a Slakoth while the parent is clearly a Vigoroth. Someone writing filler is clearly a Pokémon fan.

I know Slakoths are pokémon tree sloths. Deal with it.

Anyways a fantastic episode just as goofy as I remember it. A friend of mine used to be obsessed with this one.

EDIT: Whenever is fine, MM.

Seda

Hah, of course adultswim.com is blocked on a government lab network. "Adult/Mature Content;Humor/Jokes;Audio/Video Clips"

:(

I'm traveling tomorrow, wont be in a place with internet until like 6 pm at earliest
so between 6-before cosmos works. though i probably would want to settle in and eat at my hotel before doing anything.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So besides Dandy the next shows that are ending are...IGPX in a few months and then Symbionic Titan awhile after that?

If IGPX runs again...

rAOrRSv.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Meow has good taste, Jack is probably my least favorite show now that Soul Eater is gone.

That's a lie. I still prefer almost every episode of Jack to any bleach premiere and most of what I've seen of Blue Exorcist so far and almost every single episode of IGPX.

MikeMyers

In the end, it will be revealed that the protagonist in every series is actually a younger version of Aizen who was learning a new ability.

Also Seda you missed the joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom