• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

At first I didn't like Franky's voice (note I have no clue what he sounds like in Japanese I'm not comparing) but I think I'm warming up to it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece has instances of awesome animation...later. They start using it as kind of a training ground and let new animators run wild sometimes.

And there are a couple episodes animated by Sushio (animation director of Gurren Lagann, Kill la Kill, etc.), among others.

So it has its moments.

Plus, the movies.
But those are movies so... yeah.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Looks like Lucci now knows where Franky and Usopp are. This will end in tears.

Wait. That's it?!?! That was NOT half an hour!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
He sounds better in Japanese.

For the record, Oda purposely designed Franky to be voiced by Kazuki Yao. Meaning that no matter who they got, it "wouldn't match".

I think Seitz does a great job though. If they did an exact match to Yao's voice, it would sound horrid.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
At first I didn't like Franky's voice (note I have no clue what he sounds like in Japanese I'm not comparing) but I think I'm warming up to it.

Franky is one of those anime characters who slips in engrish when he speaks, so that part is lost in the english dub.

MikeMyers

Before I go:

DeMarco's Ask FM said:
Q. Saw the music video during the commercials for Bleach and all I can say is I apparently don't use enough recreational drugs to enjoy the full toonami experience?
A. So we premiere you a new fun animated thing that no one else would and that is your response? Cool

Haha

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For the record, Oda purposely designed Franky to be voiced by Kazuki Yao. Meaning that no matter who they got, it "wouldn't match".

I think Seitz does a great job though. If they did an exact match to Yao's voice, it would sound horrid.
Agreed, it's one of those voices that doesn't translate well if you try to emulate it in another language. Either way, both JPN & ENG voices are good in their own right.

Seda

Considering that the second half was mostly just talking, it was pretty watchable. Definitely a good look at Franky as a character plus an appropriate amount of exposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom