• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
ya know, this still brings up the question of "why not eat people who just passed away in hospitals" & such. At least they.........sort of(?) address people who are already dead.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
This is the scene where we first met the cops in the manga.
Not sure why it's so out of order...

Mik317

Damn, maybe we might have gotten an interesting protagonist instead.

one of my biggest beefs with this series...and a lot of series. Kaneki is very much the stock self insert protag...and it seems even after some development he gets even blander.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
ya know, this still brings up the question of "why not eat people who just passed away in hospitals" & such. At least they.........sort of(?) address people who are already dead.

I still wonder why they couldn't work something out an co-exist. That scene just makes that question even odder since there seems to be an obvious way they could pull it off.

I'm sure most families would question what happened to their loved ones' body.

Given them the guys on death row then. I'm sure there's a way to make it work.

Zubz

Banned
I'm glad I was able to catch the penultimate episode, seeing how many times I've used that .GIF of Kars.

cars-in-space.gif

Is Tokyo Ghoul any good? Looks cool so far.

ckohler

Yeah, just... eat the bodies of people who've committed suicide... I could... adjust... maybe...
Heh. Still, by this point nothing should surprise him. The correct reaction would be:

You eat suicides?! Oh wait... Hmm.. yeah, that actually makes sense. I guess not all ghouls are that bad.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I still wonder why they couldn't work something out an co-exist. That scene just makes that question even odder since there seems to be an obvious way they could pull it off.
Yeah, they've clearly shown that humans are fully aware of ghouls existing, they probably could've figured something out & then the ghouls wouldn't have to be in "hiding" or whatever.

Or hell, why not feed them prisoners, murderers, rapists, death row inmates, etc.?

Korigama

Huh. I hope they go into their origin story.

Not sure why this "human food disgusts them" is a plot point. That doesn't seem to be an issue for most other monsters in most other media even if they don't get sustenance from normal food.
Closest comparison is iZombie, but there it's a case that they simply can't taste or subsist on human food, requiring brains or for it to be mixed with brains for sustenance, and for it to be spicy to taste much of anything (usually through hot sauce).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom