• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
That has been pretty much the shift in recent years. Look at MHA, that is a seasonal anime instead of a endless runner.

Korigama

Should've known that something would likely give eventually with the block being filled with so many long-runners, but for some reason still didn't picture it being One Piece (even with its ratings).

Moaradin

It was still less than one chapter per episode.

I'm sure it seems bad for a manga reader, but as someone who only watches the anime, it felt fine to me. It definitely helps that it was a shorter arc and it looked a lot better than the typical One Piece standard.

Raxus

real talk these long running shonen show should do 26 episodes a year for better pacing and animation.

Funny thing is most are. Shougeki no Soma and MHA are done in seasons. After Toriko and World Trigger crashed and burned I think everyone gave up on endless shonen based on written material.

Haikyuu (sp?) is one that received an ENORMOUS benefit from this new format.

Last night on the Pre-flight.

BUT WE'RE GETTING TOKYO GHOUL ON THE 26TH.

AREN'T YOU GUYS EXCITED?!

.......GUYS?!

2563868_orig.gif

Moaradin

That show had shitty pacing though.

That was due to it being greenlit super early on. They were working on the anime while the Sports Festival Arc was going on iirc.

It should be a lot better with the second season.

(I am pretty much completely ignoring this Gundam episode)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom