• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone be like

i3Mj0IotENxBS.gif

Something about this series irks me. I think I like hopeless series better when they start out more cheery.

After this episode so far, it's clear humans will never not be close to extinction. Doesn't give me much reason to invest in anyone. They're all probably going to die horrible deaths. There's no end-game here.

It helps when series start with a set of characters you actually care about instead of throwing you right into depression at the start.

Jintor

See this is the weird thing from the pre-OP. The goddamn wall animation makes it look like humanity has this tiny block of land, but these kinds of shots establish that the place is basically the size of a small country. And given the amount of lords here, I think you can see that the world can at least support a few fiefdoms. And re: the reference to the central government, you can tell this is just one zone of a massive region.

This is pretty melodramatic, but eh, it's that kind of series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom