• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Wait, that was the ending?

.......huuuuuuh. So that was a movie.....Kai isn't this..."meh", is it?

Have you not seen DBZ proper?

It's hard for me to even describe it properly as it is a childhood nostalgia trip. It's....very cheesy at times, a lot of corny lines, powers up and 'this isn't my final form' everywhere.

I think that's why DBZA is well liked by fans. It takes all the silliness and makes it self-aware in a recap nostalgia format (and with faster pacing).

KingK

So that was...ok I gueess. Kinda meh. Shippuden time. Wasn't something about to finally happen at the end of the last episode?

daveo42

Banned
Let the bodies hit the floor...

Will we end up switching threads during Toonami? That'd be kind of insane.

Edit: Hello, my name is Lt. Eyebrows-san

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Have you not seen DBZ proper?

It's hard for me to even describe it properly as it is a childhood nostalgia trip. It's....very cheesy at times, a lot of corny lines, powers up and 'this isn't my final form' everywhere.

I think that's why DBZA is well liked by fans. It takes all the silliness and makes it self-aware in a recap nostalgia format (and with faster pacing).

which btw even abridged is having pacing issues lately, the last 3 or so episodes have only covered 1 or 2 episodes of regular DBZ in a condensed form.

Crocodile

You could drive trucks through the "holes" (plot, logic, pacing, etc.) in Cooler's Revenge but it was a decent nostalgia trip if nothing else :p

OH FFS Sasori is JYB :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom