• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

That was a great video. But what's the logic? "Let's run this dark thing with deep social commentary at the first break while we're trying to look welcoming of new viewers who are enjoying this very light-hearted fourth-wall-violating anime"?

DeMarco airs music he likes. There are much MUCH weirder music videos that aired.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
That was a great video. But what's the logic? "Let's run this dark thing with deep social commentary at the first break while we're trying to look welcoming of new viewers who are enjoying this very light-hearted fourth-wall-violating anime"?
No one watches during Memorial Weekend so we can run whatever we want.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

The logic is "air good thing during good show."

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I feel like Mako should annoy me, but instead she's the best character in the whole damn show

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
There's a lot more foreshadowing then I realized on initial airing.

...it also probably helps that I'm not drunk this time haha

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What is it with Ryuko sometimes having some kind of white "underwear" in some shots showing her butt, but not in others?

Feels like it's an animation mistake in that they forgot to color it in or something.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It's still amazing to me that they actually managed to nail Jakuzure's voice in the dub. She's far and away the least likely character for them to pull off successfully.

ckohler

What is it with Ryuko sometimes having some kind of white "underwear" in some shots showing her butt, but not in others?

Feels like it's an animation mistake in that they forgot to color it in or something.

I think she's always got the white underwear but in some shots she's got more of a "wedgie" of sorts, if you know what I mean.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's still amazing to me that they actually managed to nail Jakuzure's voice in the dub. She's far and away the least likely character for them to pull off successfully.
Seriously, it's the voice most likely that could've been screwed up when trying to "replicate". The fact they somehow pulled it off & more adds to how great this dub is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom