• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I feel like I would've found that fight cool if I saw it as a kid, but now......it was alright.

OH GOD, HE'S GONNA DO A HADOKEN

Crocodile

The shitty thing about nearly all DBZ techniques is that they are all variations of beams. It's super boring. The show really lost its sense of technique when you went from Dragon Ball to DBZ.

God. I actually remember when it was a surprise that someone other then those who trained in the Turtle School could do the Kamehameha.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The shitty thing about nearly all DBZ techniques is that they are all variations of beams. It's super boring. The show really lost its sense of technique when you went from Dragon Ball to DBZ.
Pretty much. This is another reason why the fights aren't doing much for me.

Either fury of punches or a beam most of the time.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Watching other shonen really puts this into prescriptive.

Before Dragonball Z, the Kamehameha was the only beam attack aside from the Dodon Ray. But those two were different enough and came from different schools so it was a big deal when they were used and it made sense why they had different names.

Vegeta's Galik Gun is just a purple Kamehameha.

Trunks' Finish Buster is just a yellow Kamehameha shaped like Yamcha's spirit ball.

yeah so why are they calling it gokus energy I'm confused X_X

When Cell uses someone else technique, the energy he gives off is that of the person he got the technique from. That's why everyone is acting surprised, it's not the techniques as much as the energy behind the attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom