• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh yeah if anyone watches Jojo, the most recent stand that showed up is based on Cell

Ah yeah, Echoes. It's interesting that he showed up in the same year as Cell. Good timing.
Also, how is Echoes so infringing that it needs to be changed to Reverb?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So two separate versions of Trunks were going to visit the same timeline?

There are basically four timelines interacting

Timeline A: Future Trunks' timeline (Apocalyptic)
Timeline B: Cell's timeline (Apocalyptic)
Timeline C: The "Main" timeline. (Not apocalyptic)
Timeline D: The timeline that trunks from Cell's timeline traveled to. (Not apocalyptic)

Timeline A: Goku kills Frieza and King Cold and dies of a heart illness ~1-1.5 years later. The androids kill everyone else. Bulma builds a time machine which Trunks uses. Trunks jumps to another timeline (timeline C). Trunks returns from timeline C and defeats Androids 17, 18, and later, Cell.

Timeline B: Goku kills Frieza and King Cold and dies of a heart illness ~1-1.5 years later. The androids kill everyone else. Bulma builds a time machine which Trunks uses. Trunks jumps to another timeline (timeline D). Trunks returns from timeline D and de-activates Androids 17 and 18. Trunks prepares to go back and tell everyone, but before he can, Cell kills Trunks, steals the time machine, and travels to timeline C, arriving probably somewhere around Vegeta and Nappa's arrival.

Timeline C: The main Z timeline. A year before Frieza and King Cold come to earth, Cell from timeline B arrives, hibernating. Trunks from timeline A arrives and defeats frieza and king cold and gives goku the antidote. Goku doesn't fall ill until 3 years later. androids 19 and 20 attack the island, then androids 17, 18, and 16 are activated. 17 and 18 are way stronger than those from Timeline A. Cell from timeline B absorbs the androids, Cell from timeline C is destroyed along with Gero's secret lab by krillin and trunks. Cell from timeline B is defeated by Gohan.

Timeline D: A hidden timeline, mostly shrouded in mystery. All that's known is that Trunks from timeline B warns everyone of the androids and provides goku with an antidote for his illness. Somehow the Z fighters find a way to deactivate the androids, Trunks travels back to timeline B now knowing how the androids of his own timeline can be defeated (perhaps the plans were not in the secret lab in this timeline, but the main one?). Gero's secret lab remains undetected, and cell continues to be created as gero's computer watches on for years to come. Fate of the world unknown.

Ah yeah, Echoes. It's interesting that he showed up in the same year as Cell. Good timing.
Also, how is Echoes so infringing that it needs to be changed to Reverb?

I asked the same thing, maybe cause pink floyd is known for lawsuits or something, and they dont want ANY problems?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I asked the same thing, maybe cause pink floyd is known for lawsuits or something, and they dont want ANY problems?

"What Pink Floyd reference? Echoes just reflects his power. There's no reference intended here." How I would handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom