• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

RagnarokX

I like how the dub group felt like they needed to translate what Usopp's banner says every time it's on screen, but they won't translate important subtitles that tell us character names, character titles, and location names.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
heh this Deadpool commercial.

Friend's gonna let me borrow it when he gets his BD + DVD double pack

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
There's something I've been wondering: what's the difference between the seven warlords and the four emperors?

Seven Warlords are government sanctioned pirates with their bounties frozen. They get away with things because the government turns the other cheek.
Four Emperors are the strongest pirates in the New World. They get away with things because they're way too strong.

Grexeno

There's something I've been wondering: what's the difference between the seven warlords and the four emperors?
Seven Warlords: Powerful pirates who work for the World Government (basically the equivalent of real-life privateers)
Four Emperors: Absurdly powerful pirates who control vast swathes of territory in the New World, the second half of the Grand Line.

It's been brought up in the Post-Water 7 arc, but the Seven Warlords are pirates that work for the government to keep other pirates in check and the Four Emperors are the strongest pirates in the world who rule over their own territory in the New World.

Edit: Well, like four people already answered the question.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
All the dialogue makes one realize why a One Piece Abridged Series has never really worked.
It's too self-aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom