• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
"In South Korea, it is commonly and incorrectly believed that sleeping in a closed room with an electric fan running can cause what is called fan death. According to the Korean government, "In some cases, a fan turned on too long can cause death from suffocation, hypothermia, or fire from overheating."[citation needed] The Korea Consumer Protection Board issued a consumer safety alert recommending that electric fans be set on timers, direction changed and doors left open. Belief in fan death is common even among knowledgeable medical professionals in Korea. According to Yeon Dong-su, dean of Kwandong University's medical school, "If it is completely sealed, then in the current of an electric fan, the temperature can drop low enough to cause a person to die of hypothermia."[264] Actually, a fan just moves air without significantly changing its temperature, to increase the evaporation of sweat. Leaving a fan running in an unoccupied room will not cool it; in fact, due to energy losses from the motor and viscous dissipation, a fan will slightly heat a room."

is it bad I instantly thought of Kayos

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I should look up & see what shows aired at 12:30 lately to see if the theory of "12:30 shows have been the time slot of crap" holds up.

.....considering it had Akame ga Kill, it might hold some merit.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
no stop come back aaahhhh

Oh right, this episode had some rather bad deliveries, especially from Shinichi.

I know Parasyte exists solely as a way for the mangaka to be preachy about the environment but it still bothers me that we don't know what the parasytes are. Aliens? Creatures from science?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, aside from some great voice acting, that One Piece episode was one of the weaker ones.

I'm out. Laters.

We're kind of in the part of the arc where the pacing kind of fizzles out a little bit. It'll take another couple of episodes before we start to get to more juicy stuff again.

Not that the episodes in the meantime aren't entertaining. It's just a little stalled out at the moment after a kind of manic and helter skelter start to the arc.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
We just witnessed Shinichi's mom getting a burn on her arm & having to live with a scar

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Also lol Migi with a gun is still funny

Line_HTX

Hey guys, I'm sorry I vanished after tge start of Toonami. I was out and had too much to drink.

I came back during shit piece but sister wanted to watch archer instead.

I can't type on phone anymore

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 69 - I Am Your Brother! The Monster With Goku's Energy!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 70 - The Dizzying Deception and the Daring Escape! Defeat the Android Cell!
12:30 - Dimension W - 12 - The Future Reached - END
1:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 5 - Hisoka × is × Sneaky
1:30 - Samurai Champloo - 20 - Elegy of Entrapment (Verse 1)
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 112 - A Place to Return To
2:30 - One Piece - 346 - The Vanishing Straw Hat Crew! A Mysterious Swordsman Appears!
3:00 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 5 - The Stranger

Later.

I love how this hospital is completely empty at night. No security or nurses or anything. Ah well, patients can only die during 9-5 anyway.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, another 2 parter for Champloo next week.

......actually holy crap, it finishes next month (granted, the final Toonami of June), where did the time go.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
WVW69jMCZUoSQl1q-h

WVW69jMEpcsxBXS3VC

LATER

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
OMG Yes so amazing. I love it, SAB.
I'm glad I was able to remember from last week, haha. Made a mental note, and it didn't fall off the... mental.. refrigerator! WOHOO! That was fun, will do again!
Oh yeah, and I hope I don't offend anyone with my poor ghetto Google Translate Japanesengrish.
Lulz at Cell
He watched Naruto, you see... ;)
My vision is blurred, SAB, so I can't tell what what besides Cell n Hisoka.

:X
It's missing the random glowing light, so it's not your fault, haha. The left thing is Loser's Wife (whom he sold to the W dimension) from... yeah.

Great work as always SAB.

I should probably post some kind of write up or something on SAO1 this week.

I also need to make better decisions about the anime I bet-watch

Blonde hit pants

He gon lick you tears, BAH gadd. Does je have no heart, does he have no soul, that SOOB

Go to bed Line.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Great work as always SAB.

I should probably post some kind of write up or something on SAO1 this week.

I also need to make better decisions about the anime I bet-watch
Thanks! Surely, we all look forward to the fresh hell you've experienced! SAOOOOOO-NOOOOO

Sleep is for weaklings
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!... or sleepy.

I want to hang this on a wall. Maybe my buzzed butt don't understand it but damn that's pretty good stuff.

I love the way the colors came out. Of course I have "If only I drew this better!" regrets, and I don't know what with the Dimension W beast, but I totally see why the Japanese liked such styles even more now, ha.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning everyone. Pretty interesting night of Toonami.

Dragon Ball Z Kai:
Cell makes his major debut, showing how crazy strong he is to Piccolo (so much for that fusion power boost). Showing he's capable of the Makankosappo and the Kamehameha. This is going to be a major threat.

Dimension W:
Blah blah blah blah blah blah why wasn't this 24 episodes? Slow the fuck down! I would care more if you didn't toss this exposition at 100KM an hour

Hunter x Hunter:
Running! Gon and Killua meet and instantly become best friends, an unbreakable bond. We learn more about Kurapika and Leorio, and realize how much Kishimoto ripped off from this series, holy shit.

Samurai Champloo:
A Japanese man poses as a European man to scam a bunch of Christians with guns. Change a few things and that could be a reality.

Shippuden:
One. More. Episode! Good lord this filler is shite. At least we'll be in canon for a good three and a half months, then a two-part filler, then canon for almost four months.

One Piece:
Not much to this episode, more of the Weakling Trio running from zombies. But there is that strange one that acts and sounds strangely familiar. Hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom