• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mik317

HxX and AOT are great. I am personally enjoying Super a lot....but as it returns to movie retreads probably won't as much.

oh well good stuff.

night yall

cntr

Banned
I really like how even the boss, a guy literally named Chrollo Lucifer, cares about Uvo's death.

see you guys for shippuden

RagnarokX

"After losing his last gym battle, Ash and his friends prepare to murder everyone in Saffron City! Find out how it goes in the next exciting Pokemon adventure!"

Not even considering the violence, there is a lot of dialogue this show that is at least one notch above Naruto/DBZ type exposition. I imagine kids might get bored.

Believe it or not, this was airing on Sunday Mornings in Japan. It took until like half way through the Chimera Ant arc, where it got even more bloody than it currently is, that Nippon Television finally decided to push it to the late night hours.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Yay, the Phantom Troupe gets to make everyone look like fodder for the 400th time in like 10 episodes, yayyyyy. (TT_TT)

"This guy is just like me! LETS HAVE A GOOD FIGHT!"

*seconds later*

"Once again, you're dying, we're epic as can be, and you didn't do a thing worth existing in this show!"

................... Couldn't we have just had all this happen once, instead of different levels over and over again?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yay, the Phantom Troupe gets to make everyone look like fodder for the 400th time in like 10 episodes, yayyyyy. (TT_TT)

*seconds later*

"Once again, you're dying, we're epic as can be, and you didn't do a thing worth existing in this show!"

................... Couldn't we have just had all this happen once, instead to different levels over and over again?

Some people will complain about anything

I couldn't help but flashing back to that one Dimension W episode where that one villain dude said he took the liberty of conducting his own music for the fight scene.

Then proceeds to conduct some dubstep.

Seda

oh right i forgot to update the end dates because of the Samurai Jack marathon.

Samurai Jack (Season 5): May 20
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096: June 10
Attack on Titan S2: July 15
Tokyo Ghoul: September 16
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: August 5 (1st season), February 3, 2018 (2nd GIG)
Dragonball Z Kai: The Final Chapters: May 5, 2018
Hunter x Hunter: March 30, 2019
Dragon Ball Super: ┐(ツ)┌
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA

Moaradin

Read the manga!

You might as well finish the show if you're 50 episodes in already. Switching to the manga now would be awkward.

oh right i forgot to update the end dates because of the Samurai Jack marathon.

Samurai Jack (Season 5): May 20
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096: June 10
Attack on Titan S2: July 15
Tokyo Ghoul: September 16
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: August 5 (1st season), February 3, 2018 (2nd GIG)
Dragonball Z Kai: The Final Chapters: May 5, 2018
Hunter x Hunter: March 30, 2019
Dragon Ball Super: ┐(ツ)┌
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA

Shippuden should have an end date by now!

This Hunter X Hunter anime has been a lot more entertaining and accessible to me than the manga by far. Others may hold a separate opinion but I think I may finally be comfortable with just saying I don't like the manga...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
can I just say how fucking sad it is that there's a gundam show on here with gorgeous animation and nobody (myself included) gives a single fuck about it? what a disappointment, shit.

*seconds later*

................... Couldn't we have just had all this happen once, instead of different levels over and over again?
There was only like 4 times where the Phantom Troupe made everyone look like fodder and half of the time it was random mobs.

This Hunter X Hunter anime has been a lot more entertaining and accessible to me than the manga by far. Others may hold a separate opinion but I think I may finally be comfortable with just saying I don't like the manga...

I think that's fair, especially since the art ends up going downhill due to Togashi's health.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Naaa, it's just boring. I wanna like what I'm seeing, but it's like quality being used on the same stuff over and over. Much like how Casshern Sins disappointed me for harping on the same edge over and over again, where otherwise I'd have quite enjoyed it, this is a similar kinda dry, slow annoyance.

Seda

Why did Gundam have to introduce space psychics? Are giant robots with giant guns missiles and lasers and giant swords not enough?

Moaradin

Naaa, it's just boring. I wanna like what I'm seeing, but it's like quality being used on the same stuff over and over. Much like how Casshern Sins disappointed me for harping on the same edge over and over again, where otherwise I'd have quite enjoyed it, this is a similar kinda dry, slow annoyance.

It's pretty clear at this point that you just don't like the show. Maybe stop watching it? I don't think it's gonna change your mind this far in.

cntr

Banned
Frankly, while Togashi's a great writer, he's not very good at making comics. He leans too much into words and doesn't take enough advantage of the art, so the panelling and flow isn't great.

The anime makes up for it with the animation and direction, and it really does work. (Watching it for the first time too.)

Seda

So, this next stretch of Naruto - ten episodes or so - is the last set I saw before dropping it years ago. I know people say this arc (the Pain arc) is relatively good, but I remember it getting really slow around here. Will be kinda interesting to rewatch now.

I think that's fair, especially since the art ends up going downhill due to Togashi's health.

The art is one thing but I think what really killed me was the dialogue. Even when Hunter X Hunter came back, I thought I could tough it out, read it slower, and try and enjoy myself but... man.

I can usually handle large amounts of text in manga but Togashi makes it all so confusing for me. Often people would have to summarize what happened in comment sections for those who didn't get it. Maybe it's my fault but it's because of it that I couldn't enjoy any new of the chapters that came out aside from the very last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom