• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOGB

Banned
I'm so mad that I finished everything I needed to do before Toonami for once

Thank god that HxH and Lupin are good, fun shows

I think it's supposed to be that: Kaneki's tendency to hesitate lead to more suffering than there needed to be, and after experiencing both his own suffering and the suffering of others, he is now determined to act more readily and whatnot - even if there are some consequences. They tried to tie his dying mother into this revelation.

I missed several episodes, and I'm giving this more consideration than I should.

the anime skips over a good deal of his hesitation in tapping into his ghoul powers because he doesn't feel he can control it, which heavily figures into this moment so it's kind of weird without that buildup (though again it's still got some issues in the manga)

ckohler

I think it's supposed to be that: Kaneki's tendency to hesitate lead to more suffering than there needed to be, and after experiencing both his own suffering and the suffering of others, he is now determined to act more readily and whatnot - even if there are some consequences. They tried to tie his dying mother into this revelation.

I missed several episodes, and I'm giving this more consideration than I should.
No, I mean why was he being tortured? What point did it serve his captors? I get that Jason is a psycho but I mean... I don't know. Whatever.

Moaradin

The fact that Pierrot dedicated the entire last episode to that scene with no closure whatsoever just leads me to believe that they REALLY wanted to adapt that scene, but didn't give a shit about everything leading up to it that would actually make it impactful lol.

Crocodile

THIS MUST BE THE WORK OF AN ENEMY STAND!!!!!

Anyway, was Season 2 for Tokyo Ghoul confirmed before Season 1 ended? That would have been a bad/weird ending if it wasn't confirmed there would be more anime later

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
No, I mean why was he being tortured? What point did it serve his captors? I get that Jason is a psycho but I mean... I don't know. Whatever.

He's a crazy person. Honestly, it did feel contrived. It's like the writer had an idea for something cool (what we got) and had to find a way to justify it.

Season 2 is even more of a shitshow than season 1.
image.png

There's no way after seeing what we just seen.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
i forgot that they made Kurpika look like a woman for this part
Or rather Kite, who I shouldn't have to spoil but the anime cut him out for later

we got a little bit of it last episode in that Jason is sort of seeking to recreate the moment he was "created" as a separate personality when he himself was tortured and it's the only way he can feel like alive or in control or something (i forget); they skipped his monologue about this.

cntr

Banned
According to a friend, Season 2 of Tokyo Ghoul is basically anime-original but loosely based on the manga "in an uncanny valley" way. Oh, and they skip several arcs and omit several characters anyway. And the animation is worse.

Hey, Kortopi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom