• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
One of the most versatile Devil Fruits in the world eaten by a kid. Meta, who was gonna eat it originally had Luffy not gotten in the way?

Don't think it's ever said. Presumably Shanks was planning on selling it. Devil Fruits are extremely valuable and fetch huge prices on the (black) market, after all.

Raxus

How did Shanks know the fruit's name?

There are books written on Devil Fruits and their abilities. When an ability user passes the fruit can exist in the world again. Some abilities are so strong other characters actively seek it. Sometimes they make good loot for pirates to sell as well.

Regiruler

I kinda understand how naruto flashes back to glimpses of specific moments, annoying as it is, but partially reshowing the episode? In the middle of the final battle of Enies Lobby?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I kinda understand how naruto flashes back to glimpses of specific moments, annoying as it is, but partially reshowing the episode? In the middle of the final battle of Enies Lobby?

Still trying to figure out why Toei did a 5 episode recap during this.
I thought it was a schedule move, but that might have been wrong

daveo42

Banned
for things that are so important, there sure are a FUCKTON of them that get eaten accidentally, seems like

They are supposed to be quite rare and worth a lot of money, though if you notice, most are held either by powerful pirates or organizations.

Moaradin

I think they were really close to the manga at this point. I prefer this to the 1:1 pacing since at least you can skip it when you're binge watching.

Don't think it's ever said. Presumably Shanks was planning on selling it. Devil Fruits are extremely valuable and fetch huge prices on the (black) market, after all.

Man, really? I'm surprised it hasn't been asked in the SBS. If only I knew Japanese and could mail stuff to Oda.

Grexeno

Basically One Piece changed time/day in Japan so they made these recaps.

I still think DeMarco should be more liberal about knowing when to skip episodes.

BatDan

See the thing is One Piece often times has pacing problems on par with Bleach or Shippuden.

Eeeeeeeh.
YEah there's pacing problems, but at least stuff can happen. More than I can say about SHippuden.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Even more annoying is that a month long break happened alongside the recaps, making it an even longer wait.

With the month of movie's coming up, Toonami viewers get to experience the same pain we all shared back then!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

It's because the timeslot changed from Saturday morning to a weekday night. They felt like they should catch up the new viewers.

daveo42

Banned

It was easier to do filler here to help build a buffer before all the fights started than adding it later.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
One Piece had also basically been off the air for the better part of two months at this point in Japan, I believe due to various specials and things. Its scheduling in late summer-fall 2006 was really bizarre.

tumblr_m3tzx3HTsI1r35oa7o1_500.gif

BatDan

For those wondering
4Kids added dialogue that he shot a "pop gun" and he merely fainted. Yeah.....

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I don't understand why this is even here

ran out of money for filler episodes?

no room for filler in the story?

they're literally just replaying previous episodes

it's not even like they're cutting a bunch of episodes together, seems like

they're just literally showing them again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom