• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
AnimeGaf isn't a monolith and its not like the show is getting unanimous praise. Just like it or don't like it on your own terms, AnimeGaf has shit all to do with it.

No but nobody seemed to be liking the show for any sort of earnest reason or that was drowned out in favor of the Tomino batshit insanity.

I thought it was two captains that fought and beat Starkk and not two of the Vizored? Do these Vizored lose and the two captains take over the fight or did the anime change it? Or am I misremembering

daveo42

Banned
Even though I have no idea who these people are or what is going on, this is way more interesting than Shippuden.

While more interesting, it is still boring me to death because I just don't care about what is happening.

I'm going to bounce for the night. Later.

Seda

I'm serious, why restart the series on this episode? It's so random.

This is episode 282. Episode 281 originally aired on November 24th 2012 and episode 282 aired on January 26th 2013 The eight week gap there had Bleach reruns (no movie month in 2012.)

So, it seems like 282 must have been the start of the current broadcast right. Why in the middle of a season/arc though in the first place? Who knows.

Ultratech

Correct. Even by anime overlord villain standards he does have a pretty damn good "according to plan" thing going on, I will admit.

Longer version-- He started out as a wounded soldier who gave himself up to demons to he could be with the priestess lady. He got priestess lady and dog guy to kill each other because he was jealous that this goddamn stupid dog was going to run away with her. Don't ask. She's been reborn like... 15448274 times in the series because reasons. Jailbait Schoolgirl is the reincarnation of dead priestess lady and dogbeast has spent the entire series trying to figure out who to bone after the last episode.

lol

(Pretty good summary of the backstory plot.)

This is episode 282. Episode 281 originally aired on November 24th 2012 and episode 282 aired on January 26th 2013 The eight week gap there had Bleach reruns (no movie month in 2012.)

So, it seems like 282 must have been the start of the current broadcast right. Why in the middle of a season/arc though in the first place? Who knows.

Bleach is still done in 13 episode season blocks in Japan so I imagine the rights just worked out in a way that 282-366 were one big block of seasons they got the rights for.

MikeMyers

B2i37K7IYAAD_OL.png

Crocodile

Way too much pointless talking :/

No but nobody seemed to be liking the show for any sort of earnest reason or that was drowned out in favor of the Tomino batshit insanity.

Who cares why others like a thing. If you think its shit just be confident in thinking its shit. Calling it shit because others like it doesn't exactly reflect well on you :p

I think the dub needed time to catch up?

The other problem with this fight is somehow all 3 characters in it don't give a shit about it despite it being for the FATE OF THE WORLD or something

Line_HTX

Back from showering and ready for the chill relax part of the block.

Oh, I just want to say that Tatsuki looks prettier and more badass with longer hair.

=D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom