• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMyers

Good news everyone!

I got a TV for my birthday and I can now watch Toonami in my room again. Yay!

Happy Birthday!

sakura_chibi_cake_by_ioana24-d5fnd3d.jpg

Tonight on Toonami, we mark the end of an era on Adult Swim. First up, it's the finale of Attack on Titan as Eren and Annie tear up Stohess as their battle rages on. Then, we say goodbye to Ichigo and friends as Bleach bows out after 8+ years on Adult Swim with its series finale as Ichigo's duel with Ginjo comes to an end. After that, Sakura does what she does best (a combination of "nothing" and "crying"), shit really hits the fan as Professor Clover confronts the Five Elder Stars with the knowledge of Ohara and the Navy unleashes the power of the Buster Call, another of the Spiral King's generals lays a trap for Team Dai-Gurren while Simon continues to try to figure out what he's supposed to do now, Seras takes on Zorin as the assault on Hellsing Manor continues, Cooler's Revenge is back for, umm, revenge as we do the time warp again for Daylight Saving, Space Dandy celebrates Halloween with a heaping helping of braaaaaiiiiiiins, Gren confronts Vicious with Spike in close pursuit, the Elric boys discover the truth behind the history of Amestris, Section 9 is assigned to protect Prime Minister Kayabuki in the wake of an assassination threat, Beck is back and has upped his game enough to kidnap Roger Smith himself, and finally we close out the longest night of the year with the conclusion of Aku's origin story.

11:30 - Attack on Titan - 25 - Wall: Assault on Stohess, Part 3 - END
12:00 - Bleach - 366 - Changing History, Unchanging Heart - END
12:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 43 - Sakura's Tears
1:00 - One Piece - 277 - The Tragedy of Ohara! The Terror of the Buster Call!
1:30 - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - 11 - Simon, Hands Off
1:00 - Hellsing Ultimate - 7 - Hellsing VII
2:00 - Dragon Ball Z: Cooler's Revenge
3:00 - Space Dandy - 4 - Sometimes You Can't Live With Dying, Baby
3:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 13 - Jupiter Jazz (Part 2)
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 35 - The Shape of This Country
4:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - 5 - INDUCTANCE
5:00 - Big O - 18 - The Greatest Villain
5:30 - Samurai Jack - 38 - The Birth of Evil: Part 2

All that red means nothing when they're all re-airing.

There were signs that the Fullbringer arc was intended to last longer than it did.
Like setting something up with Karin earlier.
Then Kubo saw the rankings and sales and said "fuck it, final arc time"

also the fact that all the Soul Reapers suddenly appear for fights that last five minutes each.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
also the fact that all the Soul Reapers suddenly appear for fights that last five minutes each.

Not only that, it was the most popular Soul Reapers.
Renji and Rukia I can understand since they're supposed to be main characters (but you can never tell with out little focus all the other main characters get) but bringing in Zaraki, Ikkaku and Ice Tard... yeaaaah.

At the rate the manga is going. Bleach the Final Act is going to be 200 episodes.

I'm still waiting for the Umlaut Sternritters.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Going back a bit for a sec.

Where is good place to watch stop watching the anime and then hop on the manga? I'm gonna start from the beginning.

A bunch of people already answered this, but, ignoring filler episodes/arcs, I would say the manga isn't sooooo superior that it's worth ditching the anime outright until around episode 420 or so.

Partially because the next major arc after the current one (
Thriller Bark
) has some really great animation at times and some super fun fights in animated form, along with a number of the voice actors having a really fun time with things (for reasons). And then the arc after that is really really good and impactful in both forms.

It's not until the mid-400s that I find the pacing becomes really disruptive to things. The events of the arc at that point are supposed to feel really frantic and urgent, which is maintained in manga form just fine, but when the anime has to draaaaag each event out to episode length, it makes things a lot slower than it seems like they ought to be. From that point on, the manga is the way to go, with the anime mostly just existing for the "I can't wait to see this animated and voice acted" factor.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Family Guy is still intolerably terrible, news at 11.

I really have to wonder how much Drew Barrymore was paid to have a RECURRING role.
It's not really like Kelsey Grammer and Sideshow Bob...

Speaking of Simpsons, the infamous "rape and murder" joke. The one that nearly destroyed Seth and Matt's friendship.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzSm9ImAaUXdiet

It's going to take a while to get used to using this thing (Pixel Paint, made by a GAFFer!)... what better trial than a SKETCH DUMP, no? I already like that everything can be different sizes in this program, fill tools, and Copy and Paste!... lets see if this night ends up looking more like game Pixel sprites, or more like my first Windows Paint / Oekaki night. Either way, it's fun to mess with a new graphics program! :)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
We wouldn't have gotten everything but the rain which for me totally justifies this final arc

That section could easily have been squeezed into the Aizen arc, when Ichigo was training for the final fight. Shit, it reads like it was originally meant to be in that arc anyway and Kubo just adjusted it slightly to make it fit better in the final arc.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, another week I gotta watch Toonami via AS stream. Really hope Hellsing & Gurren Lagann will stream better this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom