• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.
1152997494236.jpg

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Apparently the episodes about what they got up to after that story aren't filler?

Not sure what the point of skipping filler is if there's just going to be canon filler episodes anyway.

I really do not actually give a shit what Coby is currently up to, One Piece.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

I'm sorry to say, this actually happened. This actually aired on TV.

Apparently the episodes about what they got up to after that story aren't filler?

Not sure what the point of skipping filler is if there's just going to be canon filler episodes anyway.

If you're referring to the two of them getting trained by Vice Admiral Garp, that is canon.
However, it was told through a "cover story" in the manga.
Oda tells side-stories through the chapter covers while the main story is still going on.
The story with Buggy trying to get his body back was the first. Followed by Coby and Helmeppo getting trained.
For some reason, the ones after did NOT get animated. Which is a shame as they often tie back into the main story.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Good lord, I originally thought 4Kids Luffy wasn't all that bad at first....but that fight w/ Crocodile just made him so annoying to listen to.

& it seems I always discover a new scene that makes me facepalm at what 4Kids did.

Edit: Alright, is ANYONE getting these damn "java updates now" page/ad load over whatever page their on? It's been a few months since I last saw this happen, but it's getting real annoying again.

daveo42

Banned
Good lord, I originally thought 4Kids Luffy wasn't all that bad at first....but that fight w/ Crocodile just made him so annoying to listen to.

& it seems I always discover a new scene that makes me facepalm at what 4Kids did.

Don't watch this if you'd like to keep the sanctity of the Arlong Park arc intact of if you have yet to watch this arc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po5xDwKS_U8

I'm going to stop posting these now for my own sanity.

If you're referring to the two of them getting trained by Vice Admiral Garp, that is canon.
However, it was told through a "cover story" in the manga.
Oda tells side-stories through the chapter covers while the main story is still going on.
The story with Buggy trying to get his body back was the first. Followed by Coby and Helmeppo getting trained.
For some reason, the ones after did NOT get animated. Which is a shame as they often tie back into the main story.

I think the reason why they skipped them instead of using them as stories inbetween arcs is because the Buggy arc did really poor in the ratings. I agree it would be great to see them animated.

Bio-Frost

Edit: Alright, is ANYONE getting these damn "java updates now" page/ad load over whatever page their on? It's been a few months since I last saw this happen, but it's getting real annoying again.

Yeah I started getting them again today.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sad thing is, I remember watch 4Kids OP when it was new. I remember Arlong Park, meeting Chopper, that weird hypno guy & the evil butler on the island where Usopp was....

Also TWENTY YEARS IN THE DUNGEON. *edits gun to look like pointing finger*

I totally shit the bed. First, I got JYB's signature yesterday but I forgot that I had my camera on my wrist so no picture of him. Had hoped to get a pic with JYB and a signature/picture with Patrick Seitz but the autograph line was cut off a half hour before I got there. Really should have woken up an hour earlier. Sorry folks >.<

I will get Steve Blum's signature you can be sure of that.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Coby is important. So are those 2 Coby episodes. For reasons. You'll understand eventually. That's how it works with One Piece.

I never did post my breakdown of how to watch One Piece in manageable sittings, did I? Might as well do it now. Here's how to catch up to current One Piece as painlessly as possible. Note that this assumes not skipping any filler, but it does have all the filler marked so you can skip over it if you want to. Episodes are generally grouped thematically and try to leave off on interesting climaxes or cliffhangers, which I discovered in the process of originally organizing this seems to happen at a surprisingly rhythmic pace.

Lines marked in red contain at least one filler episode (filler episodes in that group labeled at the end). Lines marked (FILLER) are comprised of nothing but filler episodes.

Also nothing is spoiler-marked, since it's all pre-current Toonami.

ROMANCE DAWN
1 - Episodes 1 - 4: Romance Dawn
2 - Episodes 5 - 8: Circus in Orange Town
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KURO ARC
3 - Episodes 9 - 12: Usopp the Liar
4 - Episodes 13 - 17: The Black Cat and Going Merry
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BARATIE ARC
5 - Episodes 18 - 21: Old Regrets and the Floating Restaurant, Baratie
6 - Episodes 22 - 26: Dreams of All Blue
7 - Episodes 27 - 30: Monkey D. Luffy vs. Don Krieg!
ARLONG ARC
8 - Episodes 31 - 34: The Most Wicked Man in East Blue
9 - Episodes 35 - 37: End of a Broken Promise
10 - Episodes 38 - 41: Fishmen vs. Luffy Pirates
11 - Episodes 42 - 45: Straw Hat Luffy Becomes World Famous!
LOGUETOWN ARC
12 - Episodes 46 - 49: The Town of the Beginning and the End
13 - Episodes 50 - 53: The Legend Begins (50-51)
APIS FILLER ARC & REVERSE MOUNTAIN/LABOON
14 - Episodes 54 - 58: A Girl and Her Dragon (FILLER)
15 - Episodes 59 - 63: Onward to the Grand Line! (59-60, beginning of 61)
WHISKEY PEAK & COBY-MEPPO SIDE STORY
16 - Episodes 64 - 67: Baroque Works
17 - Episodes 68 - 69: Do Your Best, Coby!
LITTLE GARDEN ARC
18 - Episodes 70 - 73: Big Adventure in Little Garden
19 - Episodes 74 - 77: The Pride of a Giant
DRUM ARC
20 - Episodes 78 - 80: In Search of Medicine
21 - Episodes 81 - 83: Ascend the Drum Rockies!
22 - Episodes 84 - 87: The Snow, the Sakura, and the Reindeer
23 - Episodes 88 - 91: Farewell, Drum Island! I'm Going Out to Sea!
ALABASTA ARC
24 - Episodes 92 - 95: The Desert Kingdom and the Fire Fist (93)
25 - Episodes 96 - 99: Adventure in the Country of Sand! (98-99)
26 - Episodes 100 - 103: Nefertari Vivi and the Shape of a Country (101-102...the end of 101 is important, though)
27 - Episodes 104 - 107: Operation Utopia
28 - Episodes 108 - 110: Mr. Prince and the Crocodile Deathmatch
29 - Episodes 111 - 113: Alubarna is Crying!
30 - Episodes 114 - 116: Alubarna Fight Scene
31 - Episodes 117 - 120: The Fierce Fights of Nami and Zoro!
32 - Episodes 121 - 123: A Hero's Return
33 - Episodes 124 - 126: I Will Surpass You!
34 - Episodes 127 - 130: Leaving Alabasta
POST ALABASTA FILLER / RAINBOW MIST FILLER ARC
35 - Episodes 131 - 135: Tales of the Straw Hat Pirates (FILLER)
36 - Episodes 136 - 139: Of Goats and Rainbows (FILLER)
37 - Episodes 140 - 143: The Rainbow Mist (FILLER)
JAYA ARC
38 - Episodes 144 - 148: Salvagers and Dreamers
39 - Episodes 149 - 152: Ride the Knock-Up Stream!
SKYPIEA ARC
40 - Episodes 153 - 156: This is the Sea of the Sky!
41 - Episodes 157 - 159: God's Judgment
42 - Episodes 160 - 163: The Priests' Ordeals
43 - Episodes 164 - 167: The Heritage of Upper Yard
44 - Episodes 168 - 172: The Survival Game Begins
45 - Episodes 173 - 176: The True City of Gold!
46 - Episodes 177 - 180: The Quintet Finale
47 - Episodes 181 - 183: Natural Enemies
48 - Episodes 184 - 186: Capriccio
49 - Episodes 187 - 189: The Tale of the Great Warrior and the Explorer
50 - Episodes 190 - 192: Miracle in God's Land!
51 - Episodes 193 - 195: I Have Come Here!
G-8 FILLER ARC
52 - Episodes 196 - 199: G8 (FILLER)
53 - Episodes 200 - 203: Rescue the Going Merry! (FILLER)
54 - Episodes 204 - 206: Escape the Marine Stronghold! (FILLER)
DAVY BACK FIGHT
55 - Episodes 207 - 210: The Foxy Pirates and Davy Back
56 - Episodes 211 - 214: The Groggy Ring and the Round-and-Round Roller Race!
57 - Episodes 215 - 219: Another Davy Back Fight?! (Davy Back makes little sense in anime form without watching the filler, so whatever)
OCEAN'S DREAM FILLER ARC
58 - Episodes 220 - 224: Ocean of Dreams (FILLER)
WATER 7 ARC
59 - Episodes 225 - 228: Foxy's Pride and the Most Dangerous Man Alive (225-226)
60 - Episodes 229 - 232: Adventure in the City of Water, Water 7!
61 - Episodes 233 - 236: Broken Ship, Broken Bonds
62 - Episodes 237 - 240: Wanted: Dead or Alive
63 - Episodes 241 - 243: Assault on Galley-La Company!
64 - Episodes 244 - 246: CP9
65 - Episodes 247 - 251: Cutty Flam and the Truth Behind the Betrayal
66 - Episodes 252 - 254: The Sea-Train and Aqua Laguna
67 - Episodes 255 - 257: Rocketman!
68 - Episodes 258 - 262: Rumble on the Sea-Train!
ENIES LOBBY ARC
69 - Episodes 263 - 266: Enies Lobby
70 - Episodes 267 - 270: The Straw Hats Go to War!
71 - Episodes 271 - 274: Gear 2! The Battle at Courthouse Plaza
72 - Episodes 275 - 278: Buster Call: The Tragedy of Ohara

With skipping filler, that's about 2 months to catch up all the way through Robin's backstory by watching 1-2 hours per day. Mixing and matching or tossing in a few binges here and there can catch you up even faster. Of course, this was originally designed as a weekly schedule, so that would have you catching up in about a year and a half, as opposed to the 5 and a half years the weekly broadcast pace would take.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Just got done watching xmen days of future past, they really did do basically a soft reboot

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Finally installed the bigger battery for the Wii U gamepad. Going to charge it full and test it tonight!

i was driving for most of today and didn't really get a chance to watch Clone Wars before i go through and review it, so i'll watch it today and review it tomorrow.

let's see....episode 2: Gungan Attack.

Gungan Attack.

Gungan.

jack-nicholson-anger-the-shining.gif

Raxus

i was driving for most of today and didn't really get a chance to watch Clone Wars before i go through and review it, so i'll watch it today and review it tomorrow.

Gungan Attack.

Gungan.

RIP GMN.

Meesa gunna miss you.

Gungan Attack.

Gungan.

Hahahahaha

Coby is important. So are those 2 Coby episodes. For reasons. You'll understand eventually. That's how it works with One Piece.

I never did post my breakdown of how to watch One Piece in manageable sittings, did I? Might as well do it now. Here's how to catch up to current One Piece as painlessly as possible. Note that this assumes not skipping any filler, but it does have all the filler marked so you can skip over it if you want to. Episodes are generally grouped thematically and try to leave off on interesting climaxes or cliffhangers, which I discovered in the process of originally organizing this seems to happen at a surprisingly rhythmic pace.

Lines marked in red contain at least one filler episode (filler episodes in that group labeled at the end). Lines marked (FILLER) are comprised of nothing but filler episodes.

Also nothing is spoiler-marked, since it's all pre-current Toonami.

ROMANCE DAWN
1 - Episodes 1 - 4: Romance Dawn
2 - Episodes 5 - 8: Circus in Orange Town
KURO ARC
3 - Episodes 9 - 12: Usopp the Liar
4 - Episodes 13 - 17: The Black Cat and Going Merry
BARATIE ARC
5 - Episodes 18 - 21: Old Regrets and the Floating Restaurant, Baratie
6 - Episodes 22 - 26: Dreams of All Blue
7 - Episodes 27 - 30: Monkey D. Luffy vs. Don Krieg!
ARLONG ARC
8 - Episodes 31 - 34: The Most Wicked Man in East Blue
9 - Episodes 35 - 37: End of a Broken Promise
10 - Episodes 38 - 41: Fishmen vs. Luffy Pirates
11 - Episodes 42 - 45: Straw Hat Luffy Becomes World Famous!
LOGUETOWN ARC
12 - Episodes 46 - 49: The Town of the Beginning and the End
13 - Episodes 50 - 53: The Legend Begins (50-51)
APIS FILLER ARC & REVERSE MOUNTAIN/LABOON
14 - Episodes 54 - 58: A Girl and Her Dragon (FILLER)
15 - Episodes 59 - 63: Onward to the Grand Line! (59-60, beginning of 61)
WHISKEY PEAK & COBY-MEPPO SIDE STORY
16 - Episodes 64 - 67: Baroque Works
17 - Episodes 68 - 69: Do Your Best, Coby!
LITTLE GARDEN ARC
18 - Episodes 70 - 73: Big Adventure in Little Garden
19 - Episodes 74 - 77: The Pride of a Giant
DRUM ARC
20 - Episodes 78 - 80: In Search of Medicine
21 - Episodes 81 - 83: Ascend the Drum Rockies!
22 - Episodes 84 - 87: The Snow, the Sakura, and the Reindeer
23 - Episodes 88 - 91: Farewell, Drum Island! I'm Going Out to Sea!
ALABASTA ARC
24 - Episodes 92 - 95: The Desert Kingdom and the Fire Fist (93)
25 - Episodes 96 - 99: Adventure in the Country of Sand! (98-99)
26 - Episodes 100 - 103: Nefertari Vivi and the Shape of a Country (101-102...the end of 101 is important, though)
27 - Episodes 104 - 107: Operation Utopia
28 - Episodes 108 - 110: Mr. Prince and the Crocodile Deathmatch
29 - Episodes 111 - 113: Alubarna is Crying!
30 - Episodes 114 - 116: Alubarna Fight Scene
31 - Episodes 117 - 120: The Fierce Fights of Nami and Zoro!
32 - Episodes 121 - 123: A Hero's Return
33 - Episodes 124 - 126: I Will Surpass You!
34 - Episodes 127 - 130: Leaving Alabasta
POST ALABASTA FILLER / RAINBOW MIST FILLER ARC
35 - Episodes 131 - 135: Tales of the Straw Hat Pirates (FILLER)
36 - Episodes 136 - 139: Of Goats and Rainbows (FILLER)
37 - Episodes 140 - 143: The Rainbow Mist (FILLER)
JAYA ARC
38 - Episodes 144 - 148: Salvagers and Dreamers
39 - Episodes 149 - 152: Ride the Knock-Up Stream!
SKYPIEA ARC
40 - Episodes 153 - 156: This is the Sea of the Sky!
41 - Episodes 157 - 159: God's Judgment
42 - Episodes 160 - 163: The Priests' Ordeals
43 - Episodes 164 - 167: The Heritage of Upper Yard
44 - Episodes 168 - 172: The Survival Game Begins
45 - Episodes 173 - 176: The True City of Gold!
46 - Episodes 177 - 180: The Quintet Finale
47 - Episodes 181 - 183: Natural Enemies
48 - Episodes 184 - 186: Capriccio
49 - Episodes 187 - 189: The Tale of the Great Warrior and the Explorer
50 - Episodes 190 - 192: Miracle in God's Land!
51 - Episodes 193 - 195: I Have Come Here!
G-8 FILLER ARC
52 - Episodes 196 - 199: G8 (FILLER)
53 - Episodes 200 - 203: Rescue the Going Merry! (FILLER)
54 - Episodes 204 - 206: Escape the Marine Stronghold! (FILLER)
DAVY BACK FIGHT
55 - Episodes 207 - 210: The Foxy Pirates and Davy Back
56 - Episodes 211 - 214: The Groggy Ring and the Round-and-Round Roller Race!
57 - Episodes 215 - 219: Another Davy Back Fight?! (Davy Back makes little sense in anime form without watching the filler, so whatever)
OCEAN'S DREAM FILLER ARC
58 - Episodes 220 - 224: Ocean of Dreams (FILLER)
WATER 7 ARC
59 - Episodes 225 - 228: Foxy's Pride and the Most Dangerous Man Alive (225-226)
60 - Episodes 229 - 232: Adventure in the City of Water, Water 7!
61 - Episodes 233 - 236: Broken Ship, Broken Bonds
62 - Episodes 237 - 240: Wanted: Dead or Alive
63 - Episodes 241 - 243: Assault on Galley-La Company!
64 - Episodes 244 - 246: CP9
65 - Episodes 247 - 251: Cutty Flam and the Truth Behind the Betrayal
66 - Episodes 252 - 254: The Sea-Train and Aqua Laguna
67 - Episodes 255 - 257: Rocketman!
68 - Episodes 258 - 262: Rumble on the Sea-Train!
ENIES LOBBY ARC
69 - Episodes 263 - 266: Enies Lobby
70 - Episodes 267 - 270: The Straw Hats Go to War!
71 - Episodes 271 - 274: Gear 2! The Battle at Courthouse Plaza
72 - Episodes 275 - 278: Buster Call: The Tragedy of Ohara

With skipping filler, that's about 2 months to catch up all the way through Robin's backstory by watching 1-2 hours per day. Mixing and matching or tossing in a few binges here and there can catch you up even faster. Of course, this was originally designed as a weekly schedule, so that would have you catching up in about a year and a half, as opposed to the 5 and a half years the weekly broadcast pace would take.

Where is good place to watch stop watching the anime and then hop on the manga? I'm gonna start from the beginning.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Where is good place to watch stop watching the anime and then hop on the manga? I'm gonna start from the beginning.

After this arc, the one currently on Toonami, finishes up the pacing slows down a lot. So that's a pretty good spot. Or just read the manga until you catch up to us since it'll be faster than watching.

After this arc, the one currently on Toonami, finishes up the pacing slows down a lot. So that's a pretty good spot. Or just read the manga until you catch up to us since it'll be faster than watching.

i think Thriller Bark is still ok in the anime so he could still probably watch it if he wants to, but after that definitely jump ship.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i think Thriller Bark is still ok in the anime so he could still probably watch it if he wants to, but after that definitely jump ship.

Thriller Bark drags in the manga something fierce. The anime is actually slightly better paced.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The portion of One Piece Bass mentioned is literally the only time I suggest reading the manga over watching the anime. The anime is still good during that period but the tricks they used to stretch things out give the watcher a bad case of blue balls.

The portion of One Piece Bass mentioned is literally the only time I suggest reading the manga over watching the anime. The anime is still good during that period but the tricks they used to stretch things out give the watcher a bad case of blue balls.

Ehh I disagree, what they did with
Impel Down and Marineford
is far worse, seriously any extra scenes you give to
Buggy________
is just a terrible, terrible idea.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ehh I disagree, what they did with
Impel Down and Marineford
is far worse, seriously any extra scenes you give to
Buggy________
is just a terrible, terrible idea.

WHOOPS. I left out the after,

It should have read, the section of one piece AFTER what Bass mentioned. Your spoiler is exactly how I feel, though more for the second arc than the first.

Saobody is a bit slow at the beginning but Amazon Lily is great on the anime

daveo42

Banned
WHOOPS. I left out the after,

It should have read, the section of one piece AFTER what Bass mentioned. Your spoiler is exactly how I feel, though more for the second arc than the first.

Saobody is a bit slow at the beginning but Amazon Lily is great on the anime

Bass and Man God are both right though about poorly paced arcs in the anime.

Sabody I find to be a must watch in the anime, if only for the back half of the arc. Amazon Lily is great. I remember the fan reaction to the start of that arc too. sogood.gif

Crocodile

GMN I still don't understand why you're watching Clone Wars. Did you lose a watchbet? You don't seem to be enjoying it so why torture yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom