• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirata

A lot of its fans swear that it's better than Yu Yu Hakusho, but so far, that series made much more of an impression on me in respect to the same author's work.

Whoa, had no idea the two series had the same author. And looking at his Wikipedia article...he's married to the creator of Sailor Moon!?! Talk about a manga power couple!

Korigama

The HxH anime is fine so far but the manga is the best shonen I've read. It's incredible.
The people that say that have watched all of the anime/read the manga.
It's a very long series, much longer than YYH, so I suppose it is too early to judge it quite so quickly.
Whoa, had no idea the two series had the same author. And looking at his Wikipedia article...he's married to the creator of Sailor Moon!?! Talk about a manga power couple!
Indeed.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, this might've worked better if this was being shown in the previous episode, so it seemed like she was remembering this while fighting off Gon, but I guess it wouldn't fit or messed with the pacing.

Learn about how she became Killua's friend/relation before her "break down" instead of after she got the bullet.

.....but I don't know, someone probably thinks differently.

That's the way the '99 series did it. I'd say it was handled better in that regard, even if it was a little bit more drawn out.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

That Sailor Moon money means Togashi can go on extensive hiatuses

Yes I know he does want to work but his body is a wreck and he gets sick often.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That's the way the '99 series did it. I'd say it was handled better in that regard, even if it was a little bit more drawn out.
Ahh, okay. Just seemed like it would've given us a better reason as to why she gave in to Gon instead of seeming like "oh man, he's stubborn, that's amazing, I give up."

Granted, glad to know we know the reason now, but feels like something that could've worked better if it was a little earlier.

The mother is racist?

Damn...

This doesn't really get explained until much later in the series, but the Zoldycks highly discourage their butlers developing relationships so it won't lead to a conflict of interest, which is the real reason why Killua's mom shut that down real quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom