• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Get ready for an episode-long beam war.

JOJO TIME!

I really liked the original Dragonball. DBZ is pretty eh.

it's the usual shounen timeskip degradation

Yeah, the original Dragon Ball is a lot of fun.
DBZ is very much nostalgia sugar.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
also lol at the Assassin's Creed movie coming out during the ONE YEAR there isn't an Assassin's Creed game

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, the original Dragon Ball is a lot of fun.
DBZ is very much nostalgia sugar.
I've seen a few episodes of the original DB, & honestly, I liked it & found it funny. Hell, I rather liked Battle of Gods because it was the perfect blend of humor & action.

....the more I watch this, the more I find it hard to stand by my "this was popular because it was nothing kids in the '90s had seen at the time & was probably the most insane thing they saw in terms of fighting" opinion

I think it peaked in the Freeza saga specially when Goku "kills" Freeza. I do like that Super isn't serious all the time like this part of Z and feels like a healthy mixture of DB and Z.

It still has problems with the retellings and animation issues though.

BBboy20

7qskAge.jpg

Tomorrow's Courage, The Successor

cntr

Banned
....the more I watch this, the more I find it hard to stand by my "this was popular because it was nothing kids in the '90s had seen at the time & was probably the most insane thing they saw in terms of fighting" opinion
Too bad Jojo took so long to get animated,
the finale of SDC would've shattered our minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom