• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBboy20

eiqpU0P.jpg

Exactly. DBZ lacks variety.
One Piece has Devil Fruits, Jojo has Stands,
Hunter x Hunter has Nen
, My Hero Academia has Quirks, and they all help it stand out.

Well, it was written week-to-week. Toriyama wasn't interested in building a well-rounded cast that could share the spotlight. He's good at one-upping himself, but the visible effects of the powers reached a limit around the Vegeta fight.

Seda

I remember in DBGT when little Goku was having trouble lifting up a collapsing building, so he goes SUPER SAIYAN 4 in order to lift it.

Power creep in a nutshell.

All those shows exist in a post DB world though

And also, most of the issues with DBZ are Z specific. DB is a lot better in that regard

DB is great since it understood its power levels quite well, DBZ's fights just make no sense since literally every Sayian and Piccolo have the power to destroy a planet with a simple energy ball (Freezia could fucking do it).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hi Drive Knight. Can't wait to see you... sometime... anytime... what is your plan?

Crocodile

Foreshadowing.......

Well, it was written week-to-week. Toriyama wasn't interested in building a well-rounded cast that could share the spotlight. He's good at one-upping himself, but the visible effects of the powers reached a limit around the Vegeta fight.

I mean this applies to a lot of other shonens too. Toriyama just didn't choose a good "power system" to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom