• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Regeneration is such bullshit
for this fight and Buu.

I always look to how Araki stated he doesn't make his villains stronger every time as it would get annoying.
DBZ
and Super
is a good example of that.

So I've realized something after 15 years: Dragon Ball Z is a bad show.

Better as a manga, and would probably be better under a different studio, and even with this "improved" pacing it's oddly slow.

Ponn

Banned
Wolverine and his bullshit regeneration. Fist fighting seems kinda pointless at this point right Goku? RIGHT GOKU?!! hint hint

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I always look to how Araki stated he doesn't make his villains stronger every time as it would get annoying.
DBZ
and Super
is a good example of that.
It also helps that Araki actually offers variety in the powers for his characters.

Most of DBZ feels like fast punching/kicking & some form of beam throwing/shooting

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
LOL WHAT, what a weird way to cut to the credits.

oh well OPM FINALE TIME!!!

tumblr_inline_o56bqudKKv1rhjzza_540.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It also helps that Araki actually offers variety in the powers for his characters.

Most of DBZ feels like fast punching/kicking & some form of beam throwing/shooting

Exactly. DBZ lacks variety.
One Piece has Devil Fruits, Jojo has Stands,
Hunter x Hunter has Nen
, My Hero Academia has Quirks, and they all help it stand out.

Mik317

Didn't always use to be this way. DB had actual strats and Goku had actual moves and shit...dumb ones but still

Jarate

Banned
All those shows exist in a post DB world though

And also, most of the issues with DBZ are Z specific. DB is a lot better in that regard

Crocodile

Alucard is Dracula spelled backwards

I figured that out decades ago, thank you very much!

MOltres ZApdos ARTicuno

Is Mozart still alive!?

You didn't highlight the interesting parts of those names

Yeah that has always been a big issue for DB and other shonens that rely on power escalation. DB Super isn't much different in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom