• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

I probably did not have the correct reactions to that episode.
I'm so giddy about everything that happened. The death makes the NTR even sweater.

So glad I had no idea that was going to happen because it would have ruined this awesome joyful moment

Literally grinning from ear to ear right now

Indeed, this is the breaking point for Gurren Lagan, either you are in now or it is just not going to click.

Actually, it didn't quite click for me until episode 11, at which point it went from a 6 to a 10 in an instant.

It also made the previous episodes retroactively better.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
At least it was your own mistake.

some buttface legit went "Kamina Dies" right after I told him I was watching the show.

goddam it.

I honestly wish I had been spoiled back when I watched it. I got way too attached to Kamina, he had been exactly the sort of protagonist I had been hoping for after watching a bunch of emo dudes dick around. I had to drop the show for like 2 weeks just to get over it.

Strike

at this point, I would call bullshit, but I'm definitely sticking around to see the rest

I'm glad I didn't quit after those damned awful episodes earlier on
He's right though. It's quite a ride. It's worth seeing it through to the end at least once.

Fun fact for gurren Kamina died a virgin.
my favorite reaction on tumblr "oh im sure kamina will come back or something all shonen do that"

thetechkid

I honestly wish I had been spoiled back when I watched it. I got way too attached to Kamina, he had been exactly the sort of protagonist I had been hoping for after watching a bunch of emo dudes dick around. I had to drop the show for like 2 weeks just to get over it.

I did the same thing, I came back in and watch through episode 11 one day to see if I'd be able to watch it again after that.

Mik317

It made me preemptively drop the show. That's how awesome he was.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Same with me, tho I kept going afterwards haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom