• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

QzLhmCq.jpg

Would all you new watchers believe the show gets even better despite Kamina being gone?

Love the guy, but his level of badassery does not compare to what's to come. You guys are all in for a treat.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Would all you new watchers believe the show gets even better despite Kamina being gone?

Love the guy, but his level of badassery does not compare to what's to come. You guys are all in for a treat.

at this point, I would call bullshit, but I'm definitely sticking around to see the rest

I'm glad I didn't quit after those damned awful episodes earlier on

Simon is an actual character. Kamina was just the charisma.

Simon's Shinji-ness can be tedious though.

at this point, I would call bullshit, but I'm definitely sticking around to see the rest

You cannot even comprehend how fucking dumb/ ridiculous it's going to get.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It should be noted this was the last episode dubbed by Geneon. Next week on is Funimation (but they retain the same voices)

daveo42

Banned

Spoilers:
It gets better after Simon stops Shinji'ing for the next episode or two.

B.K.

I knew Kamina was going to die. I had it spoiled years ago, but I had no idea it happened so early in the series. Rest in pieces, Kamina.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Time for nazis!

....also, for some reason, I have the song "Springtime for Hitler" playing in my head.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I honestly didn't see that coming

He was seriously the emotional core of the show, besides being (I thought) the protagonist

He's still going to be the emotional core of the show. Everything that comes after this was literally built on what Kamina has done from episode one. Just remember all the shit he said.

Takashi

Ugh I hate myself for not being able to go into that episode blind and accidentally spoiling myself on his death. Even so, that episode was absolutely amazing and if it's true that it just gets better from here on, then I'm very much looking forward to the rest of this series.

It will take a few episodes, but trust me on this one.

Speaking of which, the next few episodes might be a bit jarring. Just a warning, but stick with it.

We're coming up to a point in the show that pretty much solidified it as my favorite anime of all time, helping me through a relatively stressful time in my life and inspiring me to not fail a few classes in college.

Mik317

Ugh I hate myself for not being able to go into that episode blind and accidentally spoiling myself on his death. Even so, that episode was absolutely amazing and if it's true that it just gets better from here on, then I'm very much looking forward to the rest of this series.

At least it was your own mistake.

some buttface legit went "Kamina Dies" right after I told him I was watching the show.

goddam it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom