• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

11:30 - Attack on Titan - 24 - Mercy: Assault on Stohess, Part 2
12:00 - Bleach - 365 - Ichigo vs. Ginjo! Secret of the Substitute Badge
1:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 42 - Orochimaru vs. Jinchuriki
1:00 - One Piece - 276 - Fated Mother and Daughter! The Mother's Name is Olvia!
1:30 - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - 10 - Who Is This Bro?
2:00 - Hellsing Ultimate - 6 - Hellsing VI
3:00 - Space Dandy - 3 - Occasionally Even the Deceiver Is Deceived, Baby
3:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 12 - Jupiter Jazz (Part 1)
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 34 - Ice Queen
4:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - 4 - NATURAL ENEMY
5:00 - Big O - 17 - Leviathan
5:30 - Samurai Jack - 37 - The Birth of Evil: Part 1

Later.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzSj12KUMJyEYwO

zlCfzSj53Z0AFHwax6

zlCfzSj7EkcWPF77lY

LATER WILLIS.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Gooood morning everyone. Quite an up and down night on Toonami
Excellent work SAB (Dereshishishishishi)

Attack on Titan
Yeah, who didn't see this coming. Well, besides a few people.
It's from this point on the manga got decent. A shame anime-only people will have to wait until Season 2...

Bleach
Blah blah blah blah blah blah
Hey look, Fullbringer backstory that's far too late for anyone to care
Just two more left.

Shippuden
After this aired, I checked the manga chapters this was based on. Two chapters wasn't sufficient, it needed like four. Naruto Kai will have like 4-5 chapter pacing if it ever happens.

One Piece
Backstory time! Kid Robin is adorable, and we learn a little more about giants. And yes, Saul has the D initial.
I know people were complaining that this wasn't tragic yet. This is the happy part, just be patient.

Gurren Lagann
Man, Simon is just an emotional wreck, but I can't blame him now. Hopefully St-I mean Nia can shake some sense into him

Hellsing Ultimate
Violence violence violence violence. We can also add "baby-eating" to the list of things Adult Swim CAN show.
For those curious about the bit at the beginning (I looked it up); Alucard's gun is called the Jackal. Named after the eponymous assassin in the 1973 film "Day of the Jackal" (hence the British sniper at the end). Bruce Willis starred in the poorly-received 1997 remake "The Jackal" (hence why he was killed). They did a similar joke in Episode 2 with Seras cannon Harkonnen (named after the villain in Dune).

Bascially, Kouta Hirano is a fucking nerd.

Pretty solid night overall

Great

One Piece
Gurren Lagann
Hellsing Ultimate
FMA:B
Big O
Samurai Jack

Good

Attack on Titan
Bleach
Space Dandy
Cowboy Bebop
GitS 2nd Gif

DO SOMETHING

Naruto Shippuden

Shippuden really continues to be the lame duck on the roster

Seda

I like the DO SOMETHING tier for Shippuden.

Sketch dump is great. Can't put a finger on which drawing in best. I didn't notice the label on Alucard's cup at first.

Gurren Lagann episode was pretty great and probably the best airing last night. I thought Simon's actions were believable and well performed - often these character moments seem to overdo things in some fashion but I felt they avoided such issue here . Having his slump abruptly halted by randomly meeting a box-girl is somewhat odd, but somehow still effective.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Decided to make beef ramen for lunch in honor of last night's Space Dandy. One of these days, I should try ramen that wasn't bought for 20 cents at the store prepackaged. Though I have no desire to be like Meow & take a picture of it.

......also Chrome has never heard of the word "ramen" as it said it was spelled incorrectly.

Grexeno

Decided to make beef ramen for lunch in honor of last night's Space Dandy. One of these days, I should try ramen that wasn't bought for 20 cents at the store. Though I have no desire to be like Meow & take a picture of it.

......also Chrome has never heard of the word "ramen" as it said it was spelled incorrectly.
Chrome ain't havin none of that weeaboo shit.

Raxus

This is the second episode in a row dedicated to Naruto powerin' up hiz lazer.

I can't think on many anime that are that bad. Even DBZ and Bleach never get that bad.

There is a great image that sums up my feelings but it is kind of spoilery.

I am going to catch up on GitS and Hellsing this week and try and contribute some big posts.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So how do you guys cope the next day w/ sleeping so late?
By knowing I get a quiet house to myself for a few hours which allows me to just either be online, watch TV or movies, play games, or get some college stuff done/started on.

& WTF, the new Studio Ghibli film Tale of the Princess Kaguya came out in theaters Friday?! *checks online* There's no theaters near me even showing it. *sigh* Gotta remember to check it out on Blu-Ray once it's out...*sees it's sub only* Oh, well that explains why it was limited release....

Soulflarz

Banned
By knowing I get a quiet house to myself for a few hours which allows me to just either be online, watch TV or movies, play games, or get some college stuff done/started on.

& WTF, the new Studio Ghibli film Tale of the Princess Kaguya came out in theaters Friday?! *checks online* There's no theaters near me even showing it. *sigh* Gotta remember to check it out on Blu-Ray once it's out...*sees it's sub only* Oh, well that explains why it was limited release....

Im not finding any theater in chicago, weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom