• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
sI53lto.gif

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 148:

Oh hey, it looks like even the creators have gotten bored with The Amazon Trio because we have finally reached the near end of their arc for seemingly arbitrary reasons. Indeed the first elements of actual plot have also been unfurled since probably the beginning of Super S as they finally introduce Queen Nehelenia and mention her desire to have The Golden Crystal. Indeed, other signs that The Trio are not long for the world include the next quirky miniboss squad waiting in the wings and the current point guards getting actual character development. Well, actually Fish Eye is strangely the only one who gets character depth and growth here as he fall in love with Mamoru and things play out pretty typically as the often do even in the important episodes but The Trio has also learned about the their true nature and why the lack dreams. The episode ends with Usagi befriending Fish Eye in the rain as this is probably the strangest break in a two parter I have seen yet on this show. Strongest recommendation to watch.

Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 149:

Indeed, we have finally reached the last stand of The Amazon Trio and it plays out about as you would expect for the end of miniboss squad to play out really. Fish Eye just happens to discover that ChibiUsa is the host of Pegasus and proceeds to capture her pretty quickly, though in a moment of intelligence he stuffs her away in limbo in order to use as a bargaining chip. Shame that he didn't actually play that trump card instead letting Zirconia get the upper hand and mistakenly believe that Sailor Moon is the real host. Yea, the villain side kind of screwed the pooch here as Hawk Eye is dispatched to seemingly retrieve Pegasus and the power needed to survive Fish Eye fully turns face and escapes to stop the proceedings with Tiger Eye hot in pursuit.

Meanwhile the net quirky miniboss squad sits in the shadows and unleashes their first monster of the week and you know it is significant if I mention one of these. At any rate, Usagi gets ensnared and the usual happens but said MOTW actually gets the glance in what is probably the future iteration of this formula.After that he actually mortally wounds Hawk Eye in the most gruesome sequence since Nephrite way back in season one. Additionally the Dream Mirror of Sailor Moon shatters and this is when the remaining trio members decide to help Sailor Moon because when you are already branded a traitor you might as well help the good guys.The usual happens and The Amazon Trio get redeemed by being made human and then thier souls go off to live in the forest until the time when light shines upon it again. Yea, that sequence got weird. Anyway, this was a decent capper to The Amazon Trio portion of Super S, as they decided to go back to the more redemptive story not seen since Sailor Moon R and it made for a much more interesting character. Indeed, the major flaw here is Fish Eye really was the only beneficiary of actual depth here with the other two just kind of being drag along with the flow. Basically Sailor Moon did this better with The Specter Sisters two seasons ago. Still, highest recommendation to watch.

Parasyte, the creepy science fiction horror manga series about a boy with a sentient alien parasite living inside his arm, was almost the newest Studio Ghibli animated venture, it has been learned. Studio Ghibli’s former president Toshio Suzuki last week sensationally revealed the news that Hayao Miyazaki had intended to bid for the rights to the series, which eventually went to film studio Toho.
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/04/...e-the-next-animated-studio-ghibli-production/

Wut?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, I remember hearing about Miyazaki wanting to make a Parasyte film. That.....would've been VERY interesting.

& yes, kind of old, but considering we just got the show this month, I think it's fair game to bring up again since everyone might not be aware.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SAO 2 is sub only, which is how SAO 1 started. Almost right after it aired on TOONAMI as well.

DRRRRRRR and DRRRRRRX2 both have their dubs. Andrex be praised.

I just want to know what Slaine did to make everyone hate him

Slaine is one of those characters who literally can't do anything right, so he's frustrating to watch.

He's like Ben from the walking dead videogame.

That said, I hated Inaho way more than I did Slaine.

God, fuck everything about that series.

So, I was wrong, and that last episode of Michiko and Hatchin wasn't great. Weird how I much I misremembered that episode.

And if memory serves the next episode is one of the weaker ones too. There is a really awesome train sequence coming up however after that. I think this is where it starts to become apparent that Michiko and Hatchin probably had some production difficulties however. (Might explain the weird episode count. 22 episodes, really?) There are a few scenes where you'll probably pick up a distinct lack of details.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I thought M&H was fine. A bit weird, and a bit of a hollywood premise, but fine. No problem with the titular characters arguing like children because one of them is and the other acts like one.

Tamanon

Banned
Finally caught Saturday's DBZ Kai episode. I forgot how cool the fight actually looked. It was cool seeing actual choreography taking place.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This fight is the real finale of the series; there just happens to be two mega arcs after it.

Accordingly, very little of it is cut in Kai.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So, I was wrong, and that last episode of Michiko and Hatchin wasn't great. Weird how I much I misremembered that episode.

And if memory serves the next episode is one of the weaker ones too. There is a really awesome train sequence coming up however after that. I think this is where it starts to become apparent that Michiko and Hatchin probably had some production difficulties however. (Might explain the weird episode count. 22 episodes, really?) There are a few scenes where you'll probably pick up a distinct lack of details.

I think it's telling that my memory of the final few episodes of Michiko and Hatchin is way hazier than my memory of the early ones. I mostly just remember a few moments and vague details, and I'm pretty sure I remember how it ends, but most of the last, say, 4 or 5 episodes or so are a blur in my mind.

I still dig it, though. The series as a whole is kind of a big sparkly imperfect gem.

And for what it's worth, I also remembered that Hatchin episode being a bit better than it actually was. Didn't remember the whole amnesia angle being quite so ham-fistedly being tacked on right at the end like that.

bigkrev

So a theatre less than 10 minutes from my house is playing the Naruto movie on Wednesday.

I hate Naruto, and would be at minimum 500 chapters of Manga behind where this movie takes place

How insatiable is my need for terrible movies from Japan?

So a theatre less than 10 minutes from my house is playing the Naruto movie on Wednesday.

I hate Naruto, and would be at minimum 500 chapters of Manga behind where this movie takes place

How insatiable is my need for terrible movies from Japan?

The Last or Boruto? Apparently the latter is actually good

ckohler

I think it's telling that my memory of the final few episodes of Michiko and Hatchin is way hazier than my memory of the early ones. I mostly just remember a few moments and vague details, and I'm pretty sure I remember how it ends, but most of the last, say, 4 or 5 episodes or so are a blur in my mind.

I still dig it, though. The series as a whole is kind of a big sparkly imperfect gem.

And for what it's worth, I also remembered that Hatchin episode being a bit better than it actually was. Didn't remember the whole amnesia angle being quite so ham-fistedly being tacked on right at the end like that.

The story hasn't interested me in in a month. At this point, I just admire the show on its technical merits.

It's like looking at a good abstract painting. It might not make much sense and can even be rather off-putting, but you still recognize how talented the artist is.

Ratings! (had trouble uploading a screengrab, so text it is)

Code:
TOONAMI – SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2015

TIME	PROGRAM	VWRS (000)	A1849 rtg	A1849 (000)
12:00a	Dragon Ball Z Kai	1285	0.62	791
12:30a	Akame Ga Kill	 1091	0.50	628
1:00a	Parasyte	 908	0.43	540
1:30a	Michiko & Hatchin	848	0.41	525
2:00a	Naruto: Shippuden	832	0.40	507
2:30a	One Piece	741	0.36	456
3:00a	Kill La Kill (r)	695	0.33	415

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom