• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

gay-lawnmower-o.gif
Who is ready for some HARD GAY?!?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Why on earth would you force your son one of the strongest fighters in the world into studying when your planet is constantly being threatened by alien invasions and evil demon hell bent on destroying it?

because unlike Goku she's not a terrible parent who throws her 5 year old into getting beat up on a regular basis?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Why on earth would you force your son one of the strongest fighters in the world bother studying when your planet is constantly being threatened by alien invasion and evil demon bent on destroying it?

Only reason most of those show up is to fight Goku. Besides, you gotta survive between that shit too. Beating dudes up doesn't pay the bills and he never
meets Videl if not for her sending him to high school

because unlike Goku she's not a terrible parent who throws her 5 year old into getting beat up on a regular basis?

It feels like we're the only ones who understand this.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
"Could you be gayer?
... Gayer?
... Gayer?
Perfect!"
Voice director to Stylish's voice actor

Crocodile

Ugh that guy's voice :(

Everybody's voice :(

Their stereotypical attire :/

What about when she makes sure Gohan studies. She's the only reason his life doesn't turn to shit when he grows up.

She's the overbearing East Asian parent stereotype taken to the EXTREME. While her intentions may have been good, there's no way I'd call her a model parent. Nobody would look at a woman who acted like her IRL as well-adjusted. Helicoptering to that degree is bad. Especially with her inclination to ignore context - her son and their situation isn't exactly "normal". Also for all his studying, we still have no fucking clue what Gohan does or wants to do. What is his actual career path?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Only reason most of those show up is to fight Goku. Besides, you gotta survive between that shit too. Beating dudes up doesn't pay the bills and he never
meets Videl if not for her sending him to high school

It feels like we're the only ones who understand this.

I understand this, I always understood this, for years gohan was always my favorite character

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Why does the lackey have his own lackeys who seems like copies of the lackeys that he is one of the lackeys of already.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
She's the overbearing East Asian parent stereotype taken to the EXTREME. While her intentions may have been good, there's no way I'd call her a model parent. Nobody would look at a woman who acted like her IRL as well-adjusted. Helicoptering to that degree is bad. Especially with her inclination to ignore context - her son and their situation isn't exactly "normal". Also for all his studying, we still have no fucking clue what Gohan does or wants to do. What is his actual career path?

Oh, no one's saying she's perfect. Compared to Goku she's up for parent of the year though, compared to a normal parent she's way too tiger mom. As far as what he does goes, we'd have to ask someone who is watching Super.

OW THE WHIPLASH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom