• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still is I believe, but I'm not too much of a Japanese culture expert, so not sure.

Ryuoko just shot herself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become pregnant from any man you choose and nobody cares. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to have Ryuoko teach at their schoo, nor will any job want to take her. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Ryuoko has alienated an entire market with this move.

Ryuoko, publicly apologize and abort that baby or you can kiss your career goodbye.

ckohler

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become pregnant from any man you choose and nobody cares. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to have Ryuoko teach at their schoo, nor will any job want to take her. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Ryuoko has alienated an entire market with this move.

Ryuoko, publicly apologize and abort that baby or you can kiss your career goodbye.

giphy.gif

Soulflarz

Banned
Rip x5

I missed this, this was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom