• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
oh man, Sentai spares no expense with the voice acting.

........as in they don't want to spare the expense with more than one take.
It says a lot that all the good voice acting on Toonami have exclusively come from Funimation and Bang Zoom. Even the only decent Sentai production (Persona 4) was a Bang Zoom dub in disguise.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It says a lot that all the good voice acting on Toonami have exclusively come from Funimation and Bang Zoom. Even the only decent Sentai production (Persona 4) was a Bang Zoom dub in disguise.
I blame their ADR Director(s), because we know they can get some good VAs who've worked with Funimation. It's just that Sentai doesn't bring out the best like other companies can.

Good example is that experience points guy is FRIEZA.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, I think the next episode is when we get trump card after trump card.

So far, we've heard it 6 times within 5 episodes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How much longer does the ride go on for?

Also, sweet jesus, we're gonna have to go through a Parasyte marathon soon, aren't we?
Maybe we'll get one for Valentine's Day

ROSES ARE RED
VIOLETS ARE BLUE
ARE YOU THE REAL SHINICHI-KUN

I will do a counter for that phrase if we get a marathon

I'd like to think they might alter that phrase slightly as the story goes on.

I know that might bug some people....but it would improve the story.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I blame their ADR Director(s), because we know they can get some good VAs who've worked with Funimation. It's just that Sentai doesn't bring out the best like other companies can.

Good example is that experience points guy is FRIEZA.
ADR directing is a pretty tough job that doesn't pay well at all. So it's not surprising that the established companies who can pay more end up soaking up the limited talent (aka Bang Zoom and Funimation). I'm honestly not sure what Sentai can do with their limited funds besides perhaps relocating to NYC.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Zonic is doing a count for Trump Cards, right?

I saw that in a manga one time.
We're at 6 right now. This episode, if I recall correctly, is going to probably DOUBLE that considering this was the episode that started the joke.

Also, I said it before, & I'll say it again: WHY HAVE THE BARRELS OF WATER IF YOU'RE ON A BOAT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
ADR directing is a pretty tough job that doesn't pay well at all. So it's not surprising that the established companies who can pay more end up soaking up the limited talent (aka Bang Zoom and Funimation). I'm honestly not sure what Sentai can do with their limited funds besides perhaps relocating to NYC.

They'd probably have more access to talent if they came up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom