• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Dat sped-up ED.

Well, I have to say, the dub is a step up from AgK, that's for sure, but I fear we'll get that dubstep as our OP or ED considering what happened with AgK.....

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Right then, to the manga in the morning.

M&H time.
I'm seriously considering going to bed after this. So very tired.

I always love how a few gruesome murders that become big news in Japan would be so quaint by American standards. Well, love but also hate. You get the idea.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
As someone who has watched this before, I will admit this show starts strong but eventually meanders and then kind of ends weak. Maybe you come to a different conclusion them me however.

Eh, if it's a horror manga that had an anime adaptation which somehow found its way onto toonami.... I'm not that confident in it having a good middle or end. But the beginning should be somewhat grounded in the manga concepts I guess?

Yep, these reactions were more or less shared across the internet. Most people loved the first episode.

And then the series happened.

I cant wait to see how this composer is going to handle the music in the High School Star Musical anime. It will definitely keep it from being an UtaPri clone if he uses the same inspiration from this Parasyte music.

Moaradin

Dub is definitely a big step up from AkG so far. I'm still not sure about Shinichi, but I guess being unsure about it is better than it being outright bad.

TheOGB

Banned
That was only slightly grosser than anticipated, and was otherwise interesting. I'm relieved.

Time for ThisIsBrazil.gif

kewlmyc

So we replaced one show with creepy sex shit with another? That's just great.

That's pretty much it for the "creepy sex shit". It's build up for the introduction of a character later on.

Well, there's another "creepy sex shit" scene next episode, but that's played for laughs instead. Wonder if they'll edit it out or not.

Zubz

Banned
I always love how a few gruesome murders that become big news in Japan would be so quaint by American standards. Well, love but also hate. You get the idea.

The degree, frequency, and almost-literally-inhuman-brutality would still have stuff like most of a person's skin being hung up like laundry making news in America, I assure you.

I'm really going to be disappointed when the quality drops; this show's pretty neat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom