• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GrCtL.gif
Anybody notice the hashtag?

joe2187

Banned
werent they just fighting? why arent they fighting? they clashed swords and shit...stop eye fucking eachother and maim some shit

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
this cannot be possible.

fuuuuck

It's not possible and not even remotely true. Renton is a regular kid who gets constantly shit on for most of the first half of the series, yet he still tries to man up and deal with the crap going on (even if he is mostly unsuccessful). You'll even see him try to man up against all reason and common sense in episode one. I don't understand Eureka hate in the slightest bit most of the time, especially the level these guys are jabbering about.

This isn't filler Bleach we're talking about, it's the best mecha series of the 2000's and the ONLY anime series Adult Swim has lost the rights to and decided to reacquire. The reason is because it's a quality fucking series with great production values, varied nuanced characters, and a terrific soundtrack.

(And its first episode is fucking great.)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Chad is such a bland waste of a character. I was so hyped when Bleach started, I thought it would be Ichigo, Chad, and Uryu in this group taking on the bad guys with Orihime providing backup.

Lost potential~

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Chad and Renji tag team? I didn't know jobber tag teams existed outside of wrestling.

Kaizer

Banned
Chad is such a bland waste of a character. I was so hyped when Bleach started, I thought it would be Ichigo, Chad, and Uryu in this group taking on the bad guys with Orihime providing backup.

Lost potential~
I still like/read Bleach, but THIS always killed me. The show would've been 100% better if they went back to the core group after rescuing Rukia and had their own adventures. Hell, I've always thought Chad's powers were the coolest, but we barely get to see them. Really hate how Kubo introduces character to serve a singular purpose and never fleshes them out.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
You know I could actually learn to like Bleach if the did a Kai version and cut the whole thing down to 100 episodes. Then it might actually be pretty damn good.

Astral

It's not possible and not even remotely true. Renton is a regular kid who gets constantly shit on for most of the first half of the series, yet he still tries to man up and deal with the crap going on (even if he is mostly unsuccessful). I don't understand Eureka hate in the slightest bit most of the time, especially the level these guys are jabbering about.

This isn't filler Bleach we're talking about, it's the best mecha series of the 2000's and the ONLY anime series Adult Swim has lost the rights to and decided to reacquire. The reason is because it's a quality fucking series with great production values, varied nuanced characters, and a terrific soundtrack.

I like you. People just really hate whiny characters. Ganta was pretty whiny too but I never saw GAF complain about him much.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I still like/read Bleach, but THIS always killed me. The show would've been 100% better if they went back to the core group after rescuing Rukia and had their own adventures. Hell, I've always thought Chad's powers were the coolest, but we barely get to see them. Really hate how Kubo introduces character to serve a singular purpose and never fleshes them out.

The thing is, I don't necessarily dislike the direction they've gone in now either, with the continuous story. Having a group like that would have made things more episodic, which unless done really well, would have been kind of lame. But they totally botched the continuous storyline with so much filler and dragging everything out. Missed potential both ways.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Lucky 7's rerun, with TOM saying Eureka correctly! They aired this earlier during AS too.

Edit- No this was last week's version, wtf. :lol

Ganta didn't stick around enough to wear out his welcome.

He sort of worn out his welcome in the first damn ep. His voice didn't help things either.

I'd take Renton over Ganta any day.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Argh, why are there still Resident Alice movies being made?! Do they somehow make money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom