• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jph139

The order of shows that will next reach their finish are: Casshern -> Fullmetal -> GITS -> Samurai 7 -> Eureka

Whatever replaces Casshern will probably end before Eureka does as well, might also be true for FMA and GITS' replacements, if they're short series.

Hmm, that's kind of disappointing... I don't mind the break near the end, though, so, there's that.

I hope Toonami can get Samurai Champloo, I need some more Shinichiro Watanabe goodness.

...Kids on the Slope, perhaps?

(Hey, it'd fit better than Hamtaro did!)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The next Funi show needs to be Yu Yu Hakasho.

I NEED IT

Come on Funibros, you let them have it on April Fools Day! And you have a Blu-ray to peddle. Be sensible!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ganta from Deadman Wonderland really deserved a better voice actor....He sounds terrible...

Greg Ayres is a good voice actor but he has a limited range, and his type of voice isn't really the kind you want as the lead on a show. For instance, he was awesome on Ghost Stories.

However, he kind of fits Ganta. Maybe a bit too annoying, but I think his voice matches Ganta's flip-floppy whiny/badass personality well.

Looks like the will dub the DW "Wielder of the Red Knife" OVA to be included the the DVD release.

That's the prequel with Crow, right?

Seda

That's the prequel with Crow, right?

Yeah. Patrick Seitz (the VA) is where I got that from. Judging from his tweetz it sounds like he had a blast doing that episode. He also confirmed that at one point they softened the dub for broadcast.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yeah. Patrick Seitz (the VA) is where I got that from. Judging from his tweetz it sounds like he had a blast doing that episode. He also confirmed that at one point they softened the dub for broadcast.

SOOO LAME

Why would they do that? It was half the fun!

I'll never forget the Hummingbird episode. The bleeps (and in between the bleeps) was so glorious.

Ultratech

The next Funi show needs to be Yu Yu Hakasho.

I NEED IT

Come on Funibros, you let them have it on April Fools Day! And you have a Blu-ray to peddle. Be sensible!

I'd love this as well, but it'd take forever to get through all the episodes.

I really need to pick up thte Blu-Ray...

That's kinda weird. Made it much more fun with all the cursing and beeps.

Tamanon

Banned
Catching up on Toonami now. Thank god Bleach is back to canon. So good to see it back, even if it's flashbacks thus far.

Ulquiorra's conversation is great though.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami:

12:00 - Bleach - 267 - Connected Hearts! The Left Fist of Certain Death
12:30 - Samurai 7 - 1 - The Master

1:00 - Casshern Sins - 13 - The Past Rises Before My Eyes
1:30 - Eureka seveN - 1 - Blue Monday

2:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 44 - Revving at Full Throttle
2:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 3 - ANDROID AND I

It's pronounced "eh-oo-reh-ka."

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I havent seen either of the "new" shows so I'm happy

Same, here's to hopefully finding them interesting enough to follow the series.

I liked Deadman, at least some of the earlier portions (the DeathRace-like episode was great), but I missed an episode or 2 towards the end, and what I did see of the end, just felt different from the beginning of the series.

Watched a couple of Casshern episodes. Looks nice, but it just felt slow, mopey, and not really my style.

Barely saw Bleach, just to weird to me.
FMA is alright to watch, but also not good enough for me to follow religiously.
GITS and Cowboy Bebop are 2 of my faves, and are about the only anime shows I own on DVD/Itunes.

Wasn't there a new show from the creators of Cowboy Bebop/Samurai Champloo out there? I want to see that, just based on their track record.

Ezalc

Wasn't there a new show from the creators of Cowboy Bebop/Samurai Champloo out there? I want to see that, just based on their track record.

Kids on the Slope, it's a fun show but completely different from Samurai Champloo/Cowboy Bebop. Still has some sexy jazz in it.

It's an adaptation of a manga aimed at women about jazz in the 60s. Expecting CB or SC is just asking to be disappointed. It also would never come to Toonami because it isn't action.

Moaradin

I didn't catch Toonami since the first week since I was busy, but I managed to finish both Deadman and Casshern. Wonderland was a very crazy, but fun show. Casshern was just great and I liked everything about it. Tonight's episode that airs on Toonami is a good one if I remember.

Will definitely try to keep up with Toonami this time. I haven't seen both of the shows Toonami added before.

Will pass on Eureka 7 cause the first episode sucked last time I watched it and I hate the main guy

Never watched Samurai 7 so I hope it delivers

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I won't mind seeing Eureka again, it crew-dynamic reminds me of Gurren Lagan to some degree, and I overall liked the characters.

Yay for Samurai 7, still very new to me, been contemplating buying it's collection for ages now.

I don't know much about the E7 continuation, but I do hope this re-showing in a setup to show it. Would make perfect sense. For now, though, Anemone should make nice Bump fodder, when we get that far in, haha.

That "Kids on the Slope" thing you guys mention sounds interesting, though totally un-toonami. Need to look that up!

Chris R

Wait... just watching Deadman now, going to set my recordings for later tonight and I see two new shows... and no Deadman? Is it over?

Moaradin

Wait... just watching Deadman now, going to set my recordings for later tonight and I see two new shows... and no Deadman? Is it over?

Yea. Deadman only has 12 episodes sadly. The anime was never finished and I'm not even sure if they are making more.

Chris R

Yea. Deadman only has 12 episodes sadly. The anime was never finished and I'm not even sure if they are making more.

Bah :( Guess I need to go look up and see how the story continues.

And Tom just confirmed it during the break of the episode I'm watching :(

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
They need TTGL and Panty+Stocking so badly oh mannnnnnnnnnnnnn

If they do this, it's very likely Funimation will send in an edited version with a ton of the cursing taken out. Otherwise, half the dialogue will be nothing but bleeps. Either that or they get a sponsor willing to allow it be shown uncensored.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Eureka is a weird show in that I really think only a very particular profile of viewer is really going to get the maximum intended enjoyment out of it. It's a pretty strange mash-up of a series that not everybody takes to. Really polarizing series, actually. Personally, I think it's one of the absolute best anime series of the previous decade. In fact I would say that, out of the shows that are airing/have aired on the new incarnation of Toonami, only Cowboy Bebop is better. A lot of other people would count Eureka amongst the very worst shows Adult Swim has ever aired. Go figure.

Though I think most people will agree that the soundtrack is pretty damn great.

The only real downer is that the dub is pretty weak early on, which was mostly the result of Renton's voice actor actually being replaced after having done the first 15 episodes or so and JYB having to come in and hurriedly rerecord the first season's worth of dialogue for Renton at the last minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom