• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It is like they said, let us create the worst song in the universe, and they succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.

Seda

For me again
Mostly for me. I've been having trouble with names in Samurai 7...

A758476249e5b0_full.png

This is Kanbei

Katsushiro.jpg

This is Katsushiro

202px-Kikuchiyo.jpg

This is Kikuchiyo

228px-0539.jpg

This is Kirara

4886129.jpg

This is Komachi

th

And this is Ukyo

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
This constant power level jumping is annoying. Was DBZ this bad? I don't remember it being.

I remember there being jumps but only after long periods of training, not in the middle of battle after one side was finally being beat down only to have the other being "Ha ha! I was just at 10% the whole time!"

OK, Frieza did do that I guess.

Seda

This constant power level jumping is annoying. Was DBZ this bad? I don't remember it being.

I remember there being jumps but only after long periods of training, not in the middle of battle after one side was finally being beat down only to have the other being "Ha ha! I was just at 10% the whole time!"

Well all the Espada guys have a "released" form, so every fight with one will have a "now I will release and being more powerful than evar" moment.

Frieza fucked up the game.

But yeah I get that the whole NEW POWERS thing is part of the genre but Bleach abuses it multiple time throughout fights. Naruto at least trains for his new rasengan.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Frieza fucked up the game.

But yeah I get that the whole NEW POWERS thing is part of the genre but Bleach abuses it multiple time throughout fights. Naruto at least trains for his new rasengan.

Bleach did a great job of writing powerups in though.

All Espada release, all soul reapers got "bankai".

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Worse thing about the power jumps, so far, is they gave us no reason for it here.

Ichigo Changes, Ulky outpaces him, goes to a new place... changes just because.

Not because he had to. Not because Ichigo showed how superior he was. Just... because.

There's no FIGHTING in this leveling, just grandstanding, emphasis on standing.

Many of the recent filler fighters were better than this ep, because they actually focused on showing off abilities, and level-ups that were beought on by a need to fight harder...

I also find it disappointing Uryu's talking pretty much made him look like a chump, And using a move on an Arrancar that he did on a lesser one earlier... and expecting it to work any better? The mines were a nice touch, but I think it's proven the move isn't as powerful as he acted it to be. It's like they're in a void of knowledge of their own abilities... which is pretty sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom