• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Why does this fat rich guy sound so bored? It sounds like he's sleeping through his lines.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Have you seen any of this arc leading up to this? Ulq isn't about just beating people - he's out to humiliate and crush souls. And Ichigo has always been an idiot - of course he'd try the same thing twice.

Yeah, seen it all. But it's sucking all the impact from Ulq's personality in how long it's taking to do anything. And if anything, it'd be much more "humiliating and soul crushing" if he let Ichigo go as far as he can, while staying in his Unreleased form.

There's just too much overall repetition going on right now; Rukia is in the same spot with her battle for too long, That whole battle with Uryu that lasted multiple seasons... I wish more of it was like the Ichigo VS Grimmjow fight.

And Ichigo's "I can't use my full power with Orihime here!".... only to power up with her in the SAME spot she was in, and then basically use the power up to go outside, and then to an unrelated area... was also pretty stupid. Why didn't the powerup destroy the room, to at least validate his fears?

For one of the big battles of the show, this episodes setup was just messy and pointless in way too many ways.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Real Samurai.

TOLD.
Yeah, seen it all. But it's sucking all the impact from Ulq's personality in how long it's taking to do anything. And if anything, it'd be much more "humiliating and soul crushing" if he let Ichigo go as far as he can, while staying in his Unreleased form.

There's just too much overall repetition going on right now; Rukia is in the same spot with her battle for too long, That whole battle with Uryu that lasted multiple seasons... I wish more of it was like the Ichigo VS Grimmjow fight.

And Ichigo's "I can't use my full power with Orihime here!".... only to power up with her in the SAME spot she was in, and then basically use the power up to go outside, and then to an unrelated area... was also pretty stupid. Why didn't the powerup destroy the room, to at least validate his fears?

For one of the big battles of the show, this episodes setup was just messy and pointless in way too many ways.
The Ichigo / Grimmjow fight lasts much, much longer. And it also has a powerjump that makes absolutely no sense at all.

Ichigo was supposed to lose that fight. Somehow, Orihime saying "I don't want you to get hit anymore" translates into a full regen and +10,000 power boost in the final round. Everything about Ulq in this particular spot is him just trying to play off shit like it isn't personal and him trying to crush souls instead of just beating the guys in front of him. Let it play out. Once things center on this fight instead of everyoneisfightingatonce, then it picks up. Fast.

joe2187

Banned
Main girl is so bland and lifeless it hurts, same with the guy tagging along, while were at get rid of that annoying little thing as well

Astral

Real Samurai.

TOLD.

The Ichigo / Grimmjow fight lasts much, much longer. And it also has a powerjump that makes absolutely no sense at all.

Ichigo was supposed to lose that fight. Somehow, Orihime saying "I don't want you to get hit anymore" translates into a full regen and +10,000 power boost in the final round. Everything about Ulq in this particular spot is him just trying to play off shit like it isn't personal and him trying to crush souls instead of just beating the guys in front of him. Let it play out. Once things center on this fight instead of everyoneisfightingatonce, then it picks up. Fast.

Pussy can do that to a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom