• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

12:00 - Bleach - 272 - Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra, Conclusion!
12:30 - Samurai 7 - 6 - The Fool
1:00 - Casshern Sins - 18 - The Time I've Lived and the Time I Have Left
1:30 - Eureka seveN - 6 - Childhood
2:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 49 - Filial Affection
2:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 8 - MISSING HEARTS

Later.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ie0tqa3t3cLaW.gif

Amikami

Banned
Well, I guess I'm bringing Hotpockets for next saturday.

The hot, molten, burn-the-roof-of-my-mouth cheese combined with the burnt, hard edges will go perfectly with the razor and the misery that is Casshern sins.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
"Thanks for watching, folks! Keep it up! Good things coming soon. ;)" -Jason DeMarco

Good as in DRRR and YYH replacing S7 and one of the rerun shows? :D

They already have DRRR!! That wouldn't be anything new.

Also, I just realized they censored the anime and removed Ulquiorra chopping off Ishida's arm in this episode. Guess they figured one instance of dismemberment was enough for one episode.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100519085625/bleach/en/images/7/76/Battle_Damaged_Uryū2.png

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
They already have DRRR!! That wouldn't be anything new.

They said E7 was "new" for Toonami even though it was already on AS. Same could be with DRRR.

I hope that's the case. I wanna rewatch it, but can't find the time when I'm online. >.>

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, but Eureka was a show that they didn't have rights to for nearly 5 years. Reacquiring it, in that sense, did mean it was essentially "new" to the block. DRRR!! is not. It's still part of the active roster, even if it hasn't been on the air since May.

Which, of course, means it's perfectly plausible that they could put it back in the rotation, so I suppose you can't rule it out.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I know it's not Friday, but I wanted to mention something.

I saw a clip of the dub for Persona 4 the Animation. Here the MC/Yu Narukami talks more than in the game. Here's he's voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch, but he's using the same exact voice as Ichigo. Then I remembered his role in .hack GU and realized he was using the same exact voice there. Is JYB really that samey?

What's worse is in the clip, Adachi is in the room, also voiced by JYB, and he sounds so different. I can understand where people come from when they call Steve Blum samey, but at least he makes his characters sound badass. JYB is just... generic.

I know I'm very likely late to this, but... yeah. Just wanted to say that.

I saw a clip of the dub for Persona 4 the Animation. Here the MC/Yu Narukami talks more than in the game. Here's he's voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch, but he's using the same exact voice as Ichigo. Then I remembered his role in .hack GU and realized he was using the same exact voice there. Is JYB really that samey?

What's worse is in the clip, Adachi is in the room, also voiced by JYB, and he sounds so different. I can understand where people come from when they call Steve Blum samey, but at least he makes his characters sound badass. JYB is just... generic.

JYB has exactly 2 voices. Interestingly enough, they happen to be on the opposite end of the spectrume; wimpy JYB and manly JYB. In Tales of Symphonia 2, he uses both on the same character.

Seda

Well the MC is voiced by JYB in the game too. He's just relegated to "PERSONA" and such.

B.K.

Johnny Yong Bosch is like Spike Spencer. He only has one voice that he can do. He has no range at all.

BatDan

Well the MC is voiced by JYB in the game too. He's just relegated to "PERSONA" and such.

Well yeah I know he did the voice in the game, but the MC had no lines outside of "Persona" and occasionally saying the Persona's name. Therefore it wasn't as bad.

Wilsongt

Well yeah I know he did the voice in the game, but the MC had no lines outside of "Persona" and occasionally saying the Persona's name. Therefore it wasn't as bad.

It was the same in Persona 3, too. The MC was the same voice as Pharos/Ryoji. Yuri Lowenthal doesn't have that samey problem that JYB does, though.

BatDan

Complaints about JYB aside, who wants to see Persona 4 The Animation on Toonami? It could replace Casshern Sins when it finishes up in November.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This week on Toonami, Ichigo and Ulquiorra finally finish their fight after months (years?) of waiting, shit hits the fan for the samurai, Lyuze has a revelation, Eureka's brats run riot, Alphonse makes a sacrifice, and the Major investigates some organ smugglers (Gekkostate?).

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
This week on Toonami, Ichigo and Ulquiorra finally finish their fight after months (years?) of waiting, shit hits the fan for the samurai, Lyuze has a revelation, Eureka's brats run riot, Alphonse makes a sacrifice, and the Major investigates some organ smugglers (Gekkostate?).

And MetatronM spoils everything :D

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
No, it's the idoits that name titles...

SUCH AS THAT ONE PIECE CHAPTER XD

I think it's hilarious how a lot of huge shonens basically tell you the entire plot of the episodes in the titles. Especially in the japanese ones.

Like this DBZ episode title: 173. Dende Brings the Dragon Balls Back to Life.

BTW, who's ready for hot pockets and VOT IS DOT?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Since I've missed Casshew these past few weeks, I decided to just finish watching it on Netflix and wow. Some really crazy shit and good stuff, IMO. You guys are in for a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom